“Awful awful awful”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Saint-Honore
Description: Reated thanks to the visionary imagination of Raymond Visan, owner of the famous Barfly in Paris, this restaurant-bar-lounge, located on the ultra-chic Faubourg St Honoré, rapidly became a a must-see and be-seen in the French capital. With its cinema-style décor, covering a 1,000 square meter surface area, the Buddha-Bar boasts majestic proportions, with three levels built around a monumental Buddha, over 4 meters high. Alcove lounges wind around the mezzanine and its bar sculpted in the form of a dragon with red scales and green jade, offering strategically cozy spots, where you may enjoy a privileged moment of relaxation by candlelight, unobserved by others. Gigantic arabesque chandeliers in red velvet embroidered with golden thread are beautifully suspended above the restaurant with its round tables and warm, discreet red lounge, for a fully enjoyable dining experience. The Pacific Rim menu with Pan-Asian, Californian and European influences, combines fresh products, subtle flavors and spices from around the world, based on a concept of sharing meals. The warm and pleasant Pacific atmosphere and the restaurant's attentive and friendly waiting staff help create a highly relaxing ambiance, which is subtly enhanced by the music carefully selected by the resident DJs. Here, you are suspended in time and the journey is just beginning.... Breathe in deeply....You are at the Buddha-Bar.
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Worst ever service worst ever food and told to leave as staff want to go home charged €335 for disturbing everyone. No one in charge told we know everything was rubbish. Only saviour good music

1  Thank Jazzygez
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Restaurant Paris..

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the service and the general ambiance issue you experienced throughout your evening.

This certainly does not reflect the service our staff prides themselves on. Please be assured I have followed up with the Food and Beverage teams in order to improve our service.
Do not hesitate to contact me further on this topic.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Excellent food, mainly their Sushi selection and cocktails. A very nice atmosphere inside, although the outside road was blocked for security.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Buddha Bar Restaurant Paris.
Our team is delighted to know that you had a good time at the bar and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Went to Buddha Bar during my time in Paris twice. We went for cocktails on the Friday, it was very busy but enough seats and the cocktails, yet pricey, were very nice. We returned on the Saturday for a meal, as both sushi lovers. The music, atmosphere and decorations were amazing. Food was amazing, service was okay too. Loved every part of this restaurant bar, definitely my favourite in Paris

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank guestrelations16Hosp

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your visits to Buddha Bar Paris.

It is great to know that the cocktails, food, and service were to your liking.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Initially, when I first heard the music playing in a Marrakech restaurant, I thought 'Buddha Bar' was just the name of one particular CD that they had playing while we were there. The evening was warm, the wine cool and the ambience calm and low light. Soft were the murmurings of the other diners as the tracks of the CD played in the background. Enamoured by the experience, that style of music has held me in thrall ever since.

Only later did I discover there were a dozen or more of CD'S under that name and many scores more, under similar names, that have jumped on the bandwagon.

Later still, did I learn of the concept restaurant franchise and how many there were and where they are. These are quite exclusive establishments, in chic areas of significant and capitol cities.

For years now it has been a wish to visit the original in Paris. Although not the biggest (which is in Dubai possibly) it is the first, the founder of all those that followed.

So I find myself, wife and and two friends of long standing whom I'm determined to impress, this Thursday evening, sat in the main area overlooked by a mountain sized Buddha.

The organisation of the establishment is impressive, as my friend and I arriving first, ensconced in the bar area while our wives were entranced by the nearby shop windows. Finally arriving, they were surprised that they were 'recognised' instantly and escorted to us at the bar. "How did they know who we were?" my wife said in greeting.

This effortless organisation continued as we were led from the bar to the dining area and my friends concern about our unfinished drinks allayed as they arrived shortly after.

The ambiance of the place was just as I would have hoped. Calm, subdued, with a definitive sophistication unique to the establishment. It was a delight also to hear tracks I had been listening to for years, playing in the background.

The food (lobster sized spicy prawns to die for, 'black cod' cooked to perfection) and the attentive service that came with it, was excellent. Well spoken and amiable, our waiters and waitresses deserved additional commendation.

I COULD have chosen a less expensive wine, but I was so impressed with everything, I thought only reasonable Moet would be suitable.

A lovely evening and my friends suitably impressed; excellent!

2  Thank Andress3

Dear Andres,

Thank you so very much for sharing your impressions on your recent experience at Buddha Bar Paris.
It is a real pleasure to read comments such as this and to know that you spent an excellent evening at our restaurant.
I have shared your feedback with the service staff, the kitchen, and our DJs. Our team would be delighted to welcome you again next time you are in Paris!

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2016

We came here with a regular guest and he was immediately recognized, his wine preferences known and remembered. Music was great, ambiance and design fantastic. Food was, as to be expected, the right combination of Asian dishes and haute cuisine presentation. The restaurant has a souvenir shop where you can buy a Buddha Bar CD set and other "usefil stuff".

Date of visit: September 2015
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your evening with us at Buddha Bar Paris.
Our team looks forward to serving you again in the near future.

Regards,