“It is worth the experience if you're in Paris”
Review of Anahuacalli

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Houston, Texas
“It is worth the experience if you're in Paris”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you’re looking for a change of pace and Mexican food is what is striking your fancy then give this place a try. I come from a Mexican background, therefore, I want to say that I can provide good judgment. First, the food was fairly authentic. Have I had better? Yes. Nevertheless, the food was still good enough for me to say this is OK to GOOD Mexican food. I saw some reviews saying that the food was pricey and that they can pay half the price for the same food. OK- yes this place is pricey but you’re not paying high dollar for this food because it’s the best Mexican food in the world, you’re paying high dollar because of where it is and the rarity of type of food in the area. It’s an experience, just like anything else you do when you travel. If you are in the mood for Mexican food and you are worried about spending too much (in general) then maybe you should consider going somewhere else because you’re going to be disappointed. The hours are kind of tricky; they open late daily, I think between 7pm to midnight. I’m not 100% sure. We went on a Sunday night and were there right at 7 when they opened. By 7:20 the place was packed. If you DO want to come here, I suggest making a reservation which is something they are known for. The service was excellent; the owner was there and was very chatty with not only us but others around the place. Overall, would I come again knowing that the food is pricey and that I can probably get the same quality food for half the price around the corner form where I reside…. Probably so. Why? Because I’m not around the corner from where I live, I’m in Paris enjoying life while trying to fulfill my Mexican food craving!!

“Disapointing!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Disapointing food. Not worth the trip from centrum.

The Margarita was great - the starter and the rest of the menu where a bad experience.

We really belived in this place - but we where not impressed.

1 Thank NOR33
Miami Beach, Florida
“Forget The Fois Gras - In Paris, You Gotta Do Mexican!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

While there is no denying that Paris offers some of the worlds best and fanciest restaurants, after a few days here, you just gotta find something more fun to eat. That's just the time to take a visit to Anahuacalli. Arguably one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the world (and I lived in LA for 12 years). This modestly-sized family-run restaurant is charming, welcoming and so delicious. If you're into mole, you cannot miss their signature mole dish. Everything is fresh, and very authentic. And, don't get me started on the margaritas. Order the pitcher of frozen margaritas. I can't stop thinking about how delicious they were. They also pack quite a whollop. The tequila pour is very, very generous...and I will leave it at that.

With each visit to Anahuacalli, I cannot help but engaging with the people sitting around me. Most are Paris locals, and they are always more-than-eager to chat about their city. We always seem to pour into the streets after dinner, with new friends by our sides. Just down the street is Notre Dame, so make a stop there after dinner.

Prices are mid-range. A full dinner with two pitchers of margaritas will set you back about 250 Euros. But, the dinner and experience is worth every euro.

1 Thank Mark Z
San Francisco, California
“Gem in the big city!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Traveling through Paris, it was great to find this place. Good food, drinks and staff! Book early. It took is 2 days to get an available table.

Moretonhampstead, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I ate here with a friend on 16th December. He knows a lot about Mexican food and he was very impressed indeed. The marguerites, already with a great reputation from other reviews, were some of the best he had tasted. Atmosphere and service were warm and friendly and the restaurant was full late on a monday night!