“$$$$$$$$$ for Dinner!”
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
New York City, New York
“$$$$$$$$$ for Dinner!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

To be honest, we booked for Christmas Dinner and it was a set menu. The ambience is amazing, exceptional actually, impeccable service but I was not impressed with the food. I didn't check the menu prior to booking and assumed there would be options. Sweetbreads (and I don't mean bread that's sweet), pâté and tripe are certainly not something that should be the core of the menu. I don't eat meat and to pay more than I've ever paid for a meal and not have options is not acceptable. Even my meat eating friends found this uniquely strange.

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Florida
“A memorable meal”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

A Four Seasons meal experience at its best. Couldn´t get any better. Service, ambiance, food presentation, it´s all about the details. Simply unforgettable.

• Visited December 2013
Leven, United Kingdom
“The best meal we have ever had”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We ate in Le Cinq whilst in Paris for the weekend. We decided to book lunch as it seemed better value and we chose the five course tasting menu.

The restaurant is situated inside the George V hotel just off the Champs-Élysées and as far as surroundings go inside a restaurant I do not think I have seen better, it is beautiful and makes an amazing setting for lunch.

The menu we chose was a tasting menu and comprised of five courses which were razor shells, black truffles, sea scallops and then for your main course a choice between eel and wild octopus or roast squab then a choice again for puddings of frozen mango and Paris Brest with hazelnuts. There is probably no way I could do these dishes justice in this review as they were the best we have ever tasted, the roast squab was especially tasty. Every dish was excellent from the taste to the presentation I could not fault them if I tried. To add to this the breads on offer were beyond belief, and seaweed butter as well which was beautiful. A real treat for us and the best meal
We had in paris.

The wine list isn't a list, it's a giant hard back book and for us it was intimidating but there's a massive range to suit all price ranges and the staff are very helpful. The bottle we eventually settled on was excellent.

The service was the most professional I have ever experienced with everything times and planned down to the nano second. At one point one of the waiters noticed a microscopic stain on an empty table and this was cause enough for the take to be stripped and reset. The impression we got was that they make sure everything is perfect for you and we were seriously impressed. To add to this they are also friendly and helpful.

All in all it was the best meal we had in Paris as well
As our best meal out ever. I would recommend saving up and going if you are in paris. It's simply amazing.

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Exceeded our every expectation”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We wanted to experience a 2 star Michelin restaurant in Paris having been to them in the UK.

We went to Le Cinq on the second night of our Paris trip as we'd had a one star Michelin the previous night and wanted to compare.

The surroundings were old world charm but the staff were very human, were keen to speak English and did not present a stuffy image. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

The sommelier was keen to discuss our tastes and recommended some fantastic wines which perfectly matched our food.

We chose the taster menu and every course was beautifully presented, the tastes and combinations of flavour and texture were delivered to perfection.

It goes without saying there was nothing on the menu we wouldn't choose if we returned.

Definitely a top class experience worth repeating

Wauconda, Illinois
“THE Best Dinner we have ever had!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Wow! It was a dream come true. My wife and I were blessed enough to spend Valentine's Day in Paris. This was our first trip to Paris. So our wonderful travel agent arranged this reservation at Le Cinq. We had never heard of it but she insisted it would be excellent and truly memorable. She was 100% right. Knowing this was a special place, my wife and I were a bit intimidated not knowing how we would be treated and from not knowing what to expect. This isn't the type of place that we usually frequent. Fortunately, from the minute we arrived, we were welcomed warmly. I lost count at how many waiters helped us throughout the night, and each of them were so nice, helpful and funny. They put us at ease the whole night.
It was an amazing menu of, frankly, many items that were new to us. It was a total of 10 courses, each one a total work of art. Totally spectacular looking and incredibly tasting. Some looked too good to eat. But we did of course! It started out with this excellent rose champagne, best we ever tasted. Then came the incredible wine list. We are not wine experts, but we know the types that we enjoy.They have a 50,000 bottle cellar, so deciding on a bottle could be a bit daunting. From the time the sommelier introduced himself, he asked what we like and guided us to a selection that was absolutely incredible, and spot on to what we described to him (so we had 2 bottles!). Really great. And the wine is presented in this beautiful antique silver wine basket, that was so fitting of the night and the dinner.
The dinner. Truly the best ever. We would say that the highlights were the fois gras, the blue lobster, the sea scallops, and, of course, the French desserts. I can't stop there. Here comes the parade of gifts. First, Arnaud, our head waiter I believe, offered to take our picture as a "keepsake" for them but ended up printing it out for us to take home. It was then followed by a beautiful leather bag of rose Veuve Cliquot champagne embroidered with the logo. Followed by the distinct blue box of Tiffany's, which was presented to my bride. She opens this box and found a really pretty silver Tiffany charm bracelet. I mean, c'mon!! But that's not all. At the end they presented us with a red box with a ribbon wrapped around it that we opened up and found 2 super nice cocktail glasses by Baccarat.
Three and a half hours later, we were finished. It seemed like an hour. What an incredible and memorable night. Our sincere thanks to everyone at Le Cinq. Maybe we'll see you next year.

1 Thank Terrapintom