“Mad to stay anywhere else”
other travellers have booked this property
The lounge Living Room
Bathroom
Hallways
Elevators
The lounge
The lounge with the sofa bed opened
View from the balcony of the lounge
The first room
View of the first room from the balcony
View on the garden from the first room
The second room (set with two beds)
The second room (set with one bed)
The second room
The kitchen
The kitchen (view from the lounge)
View of the building
View of the street (from the lounge)
View of the street (from the lounge)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Polish first
Any
David B
Fairford, United Kingdom
“Mad to stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Bertrand's flat was immaculate and very well located next to a metro line that takes you straight to many of Paris' major attractions. Bertrand greeted us personally and had a lovely surprise up his sleeve for my 60th birthday from the cake shop nearby which is excellent. A well stocked Espresso machine with every strength of pod available, was a really good touch. Not only will I stay there again next time I am in Paris, I will plan my dates to make sure this apartment is available.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Where do I start? The host, the coffee machine, the champagne on arrival...
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Other
28 Nov 2016
Dear David, many thanks for your nice message. I am really very happy you had a great time in Paris and in my flat. It was a pleasure to welcome you for your birthday ! Each time my guests come for a special event, I try to prepare surprise(s) to make their stay a wonderful souvenir... I will be delighted to welcome you again in Paris. Nice regards. Bertrand
Yamane F
Sydney, Australia
“A wonderful stay in the most delightful apartment!”
Reviewed 28 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Words aren't enough to describe how well mannered, delightful and generous our hosts were! Isabelle and Bertrand welcomed us in their beautifully appointed and sublimely decorated apartment in the most generous and welcoming way! From the time we inquired until we arrived, Bertrand was in touch with us to answer all our inquiries. Upon our arrival,(my two young daughters, my husband and myself) his beautiful daughter Elodie was there to show us around the place and inform us on all the high quality amenities there (TV, dishwasher, washing machine, DVD player, TV box, lots of interesting books etc... and mostly a Nespresso machine that made my day!). We were greeted with champagne, a delicious cake and Eiffel tower lollies that delighted our youngest one
I must say the quality of the bedding is excellent as we have travelled quite often and it's not always the case. Very comfortable beds, very CLEAN, modern spatious place and very relaxing atmosphere due to their special "raffinée" touch. Perfect for a family as we felt at home!
Bertrand and Isabelle kept in touch throughout our stay (11 days) and came to visit us one night with more delicacy from Besançon where they were holidaying. We had a lovely night and truly felt how dedicated and pleasant they were!
Bertrand also had prepared a detailed book comprising of all sorts of information, things to do, places to see and mostly useful tips for novices in Paris, like how to buy Metro tickets, transports, dining and shopping...
Honestly we had the best time there and Bertrand and Isabelle made our stay really comfortable by ensuring that we had everything we needed and more! (He even provided extra sets of freshly cleaned towels and linen!) I would greatly recommend this place to anyone who would like to feel at home overseas!
Thank you so much for an amazing experience! Yamane and Khaled

25 Nov 2016
Dear Yamane, we have no word to express how much we are grateful for your so nice review and words. And we are so happy you had a nice time in Paris and in our flat. We were delighted to welcome you and your wonderful family. We hope to welcome you again soon in Paris... Kind regards. Isabelle and Bertrand
Cydneycno...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The best apartment we have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We are a family of 4. 2 adults, 15yr son and 12yr daughter. From the initial enquiry to the last moments of our stay, we were delighted. Bertrand, the owner, was so friendly. Nothing was to much trouble, he answered all our queries. We were late arriving, but Bertrand was at the apartment to welcome us. He took the time to show us around, explained not only the practical things, but also about the beautiful art and furniture. He gave us details about the public transport, showed us the numerous maps and guide books on the shelves and even gave us great suggestions on what to visit. The apartment was perfect for us. The Nespresso machine is a real treat and there was no fear of running out of toilet paper! We have stayed in a number of holiday lets around the world but this was the best ever. it is in a great location. The metro and buses are just 5 minutes away. There are lots of great places to eat at the end of the street. We really do hope to visit again, perhaps sans children so we can visit all Bertrand's recommendations. Thank you so much for making sure we had the perfect short stay in Paris.

14 Sep 2016
Dear Guest, Your message is the best reward for my work and my involvement in the welcome of my hosts. You rightly insist on the information I like to give on the apartment, environment and Paris. And I do my best for the apartment to be fully equipped for the comfort of my guests. "This was the best ever." : many many thanks for your words and your trust. I am delighted you had such a great time in Paris. I would be very happy to welcome you again. Kind regards. Bertrand
nixonpier...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Truly Happy and Excellent Service in Paris”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Staying Chez Bertrand is truly a luxury. Where else are you going to find such detail oriented service without having to pay the high price. Way before we arrived, Bertrand was helping us with all our concerns. He even helped us find a summer program for our children while we were in Paris which was no easy feat.
Upon arrival, Isabelle and Bertrand received us as if we were visiting family. They welcomed us with champagne and a delicious treat from the local 'boulangerie'. They gave us a tour of the apartment including all the amenities like a washer, plenty of guide books on Paris, CD and DVD collection and even French children's books for the kiddos. They even took the time to chat with us and get to know us before they left.
While in the apartment, we felt very comfortable. They had stocked the basics in the cabinets like salt and pepper, oil and vinegar sugar and plenty of expresso. There was extra toilet paper and trash bags. All these are so helpful if you plan to make good use of the kitchen.
We also had access to Bertrand during our stay. He was just a text away if we needed him. The apartment was also near the metro, tram and bus. We had a concern at the very end at the apartment and he took care of it right away.
We were very pleased with the service he provided and ALL the attention to detail. We highly recommend this experience 'Happy Days in Paris' on your next visit.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Aug 2016
Dear Nixon, thank you so much for your nice message. Isabelle and I are really delighted you had such a great time in Paris and in our flat. Indeed, our pleasure is to try to welcome our guests not as customers but as friends. We do all our best to offer them comfort, information and pleasure. We would be very happy to welcome you and your nice family in Paris again. Kind regards. Isabelle and Bertrand
frenchybu...
London, United Kingdom
“The owner will do anything to make your stay perfect”
Reviewed 7 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Everything is thought to make your stay perfect, from the welcoming champagne/cake to the Nespresso capsules, and let's not forget the Bose alarm clock (!) or the books & DVDs at your disposal...

The flat is exactly like in the pictures, comfortable, clean, you can easily feel like you're at home. It has an excellent location next to the tramway, the metro and has a parking space available.

Be careful if you have a big car though, there's a steep and narrow slope to get there and even though the parking space has a decent size, you must not be afraid of manoeuvring... a lot ! I'm not, and I had a small city car, so I could just enjoy the private parking space instead of looking for one in the street during 30 minutes everyday.

Last but not least, we had a problem regarding our arrival time. Bertrand is so eager to please that he always goes the extra mile to ensure his guests are satisfied. You don't often find such a dedicated host. I would definitely recommend.

Liked best: The owner's dedication
Liked least: Steep slope and narrow space to reach the parking space
Travelling group: Other
16 Jun 2016
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your nice review. I am very happy you had a nice time in Paris and in my flat. You are right, the flat is fully equiped. And if you need something more, just tell me, I will do my best to provide it. About the parking, it is very convenient, and located just beneath the building with direct access to the lift. It is true that the slope is narrow. But, even if it necessary to manoeuvre a little, big cars like Renault Espace succeed in entering the parking. And even getting out !
Besides, I am allways so happy to make my guests happy in Paris ! and to make my best help them prepare their stay and find convenient solutions if they have special needs.
I would be enjoy welcoming you again in Paris;
Bertrand
Els D
“Really Happy Days in Paris!”
Reviewed 16 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The happy days were already started in Holland, because of the contact and suggestions we got from Bertrand before we went to Paris. We saw himself and the appartment on a film and we had the idea we were almost family before we went to rue Morere!
When we arrived there we got a very warm welcome by bertrand himself. The champagne, the apple cake and the Nespresso were waiting for us. Further he told us everything about his appartment and gave many suggestions for visiting Paris. Even the smell in the appartment was special and good!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole appartment with its facilities and Bertrand himself of course!
Liked least: The cold weather in Paris, but that was not included!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
17 May 2016
Dear Els,
I am so happy you enjoyed so much my flat and the way I welcomed you. It’s true that it is very important to me to help my guests prepare their stay at best before their arrival. The pleasure of the trip is partly in its preparation, isn’t ? That’s why I give many information about the flat, the surroundings and the important things to visit, but also to answer the questions my guests often ask. And, at the arrival, I do my best to ensure that my guests do have everything (supplyings and information) they need to be happy in Paris and in the flat. At last, I do have pleasant plants which ensure very good smell in the flat. Many thanks Els for your kind words. Hope to see you again. Kind regards. Bertrand
DavidG045
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Excellent apartment with clean and extensive facilities. Bertrand the owner obviously takes great pride in the apartment and it shows. This does not feel like a holiday flat but more like a friends house. With everything to hand that you will need.

The surrounding area is very pleasant. Good local shops and restaurants are available and it's about 3 minutes walk to the metro which is 10 mins from the very centre. Parking in the underground car park was very handy but beware if planning to travel with a roof box as you may struggle to fit as the ceiling is quite low.

Bertrand welcomed us to the flat with a bottle of champagne and home made cake which just summed up the whole stay. Absolutely top class and will definitely return if visiting Paris again.

Travelling group: Friends
10 May 2016
Dear David,
"... not like a holiday flat but more like a friends house" ! Many thanks for these wonderful words... and that's true : I love to welcome my guests, who come from all over the world, as real friends. And, as a matter of fact, many of them become friends. It's really great...

About the parking, it is narrow, indeed. But big cars like Renault Espace succeed in getting in (and even out...) the parking. Just take care a little. Once you are inside, it's very convenient : you can go directly to the elevator, which is very large.
I am delighted you enjoyed that much your stay in Paris and in my flat. Thanks again. Bertrand
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing