“My fellow Americans beware .”
Review of Chez Andre

Chez Andre
Ranked #2,109 of 18,488 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Description: The restaurant is closed for renovations of the technical parts. The reopening is planned mid april 2018.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Ok, where to start...
French onion soup good but and that's a big BUT.....
Roasted chicken dinner, it was boiled, It was gross no spice just gross and it came with French fries with chicken nasty juice( or what ever it was boil in) for 17euro
We ordered the steak dinner asked for it red and not over cooked, they sliced it in half and cooked the crap out of it. No salt or pepper and charged 31euro
Then they asked us ten times are you done with a stupid smile on there faces and would say something In French and I would ask what they said and they pretended to not understand what I asked... And they do speak English they spoke with the other table in English. Just skip it Mcdonald would have been better.....

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

In July 2014, my wife and I visited this charming, historic, and very French restaurant in the 8th Arrondissement of Paris (actually central Paris). My wife's attention was drawn to Chez Andre by its attractive exterior appearance and the waitresses attending to customers at the outside tables in their traditional black dresses with white aprons. We were greeted warmly by the manager who noted my limp and thoughtfully chose a table for us that minimised the problem of my disability. Although I greeted him with the traditional "bon jour", he immediately detected the fact that we were not French and assigned to us a charming waitress who spoke perfect English. The atmosphere inside Chez Andre is very French but the menu is international. The walls of the restaurant are decorated with photographs of celebrities who have dined at Chez Andre. Our meals were excellent, and our waitress was attentive but never intrusive. Our visit to Chez Andre will be one of our very pleasant memories of Paris.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family of 4 had lunch. We did not have reservations, but we were quickly seated. The restaurant was not extremely crowded for a weekend. We ordered the escargots, we loved it. My wife and I shared the lamb and duck breast. It was amazing especially the duck with peaches. My sons had the steak haches and the fries. Each child menu comes with its drink and desert and is only 8.5 euros. If you ordered the creme brules is 8.5 euros, their lunch came for free. My wife and I shared the sorbet. It was out of this earth. I had the espresso as well. Altogether 105 is not bad at all. My wife had a glass of wine and i had beer. We will go back. If you are close to Champs Elysess you should consider.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

When staying in Paris, my friends and I were taken here for lunch by a relative. Uncle George visits Paris regularly from London, and this restaurant has become his 'regular'. I can see why! It was really was terrific. The service was friendly and efficient, with suggestions made but not pushed. The place was full and buzzing - it was a popular spot that day. And no doubt every day! The meal was great and the wine was possibly the best rose I have tasted. (I just wish I could recall its name.) Now I just have to work out how I can get back here again some time..... A great dining experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Looks similar to 100s of places in Paris, but food was outstanding. I had one of the best veal chops ever, while my wife had the sole, which was also excellent. Shared a onion soup and a bottle of reasonably priced wine. Total meal cost 123 E, which we found to be very reasonable for this section of town. Just a short walk from Champ Elysees or George V.