“Best Bar at Agios Nikolas”
Review of Chez Georges

Chez Georges
Reserve with
Chez Georges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,167 of 19,284 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Above the lake of Agios Nikolaos
We found this perl.
Best Cocktails and very good vibes
Georges is very welocoming, must visit!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Wanting a traditional french bistro experience we made a late rezzie for Chez George. The place is small, the table are tightly packed together, and the staff was friendly (menu in French and English).

We ordered the duck and based on a recommendation from the French table next to us got a type of sausage (andouillette) they said was native to France and what they ordered for lunch. Andouillette sausage as it turns out is made from chopped pork tripe and other organs with wine and spices. When I ordered it the waitress asked me 3 times if I was sure that's what I wanted. Being a lover of all things tripe I knew I had to try it, and I'm really glad I did!

Both the duck and the sausage were great! The duck had a great sauce and was cooked perfectly. The sausage tasted great (if you don't like organ meat do not order this) and had a really cool texture I've never had in sausage before. It was served with french fries, which was a perfect pair to cut the rich fat and gamey taste of the meat.

I would recommend Chez George for anyone hoping to have a classic french bistro experience. There was a good mix of locals and tourists and everything looked, smelled, and tasted great.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Comfy old place with outstanding French comfort food and lots of it. Lunch with wife and daughter. Started with the ratatouille -- big portion served, best I've ever had, rich and thick, sort-of sticky (in a good way). I had the beef entrecote with marrow, and the waitress showed me how to eat: a cut of beef, a smear of marrow, a bit of Kosher salt, all together. Really delicious. Everybody was delighted with their selections. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal. This seems like an authentic French bistro. Lots of business people, locals, with tourists as well. The standard menu is written in French and English. Comprehensive menu with special selections are only in French. We went with the sole meunière, pork chops and mixed salads. Food was tasty. I loved my sole. Mixed salad was great and large enough to share. We enjoyed the experience of bistro seating. Servers work quickly and busily.

2  Thank NYtraveler11790
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Very traditional and very French (that's a good thing). Visited in 2013 and in April 2018. Both times food very good. Béarnaise sauce was much thicker this time and perhaps not quite as good as in 2013.