“Rude”

Ranked #1,287 of 19,275 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Most rude and condescending of all restaurants visited in Paris. Staff humiliated non french speaking customers on night we visited. Spoke fluent english but did not want to take a minute to make a paying customer undersyand their menu and feel welcome. There are plenty of welcoming restaurants in the area. Avoid an uncomfortable experience.

1  Thank brettwilliams123
Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We had reserved a table for three which they located right in the tight passage where all of the waiters squeeze back and forth! But a forth friend showed up and we suggested to the staff that we shift to a more comfortable table. But with some reluctance in a few minutes they reluctantly shifted us to a very comfortable table! We ordered and the service was very good, polite and prompt! But after a few minutes we noticed that five or six tables became empty and that their argument about reservations was a fake answer! Strange!
Next, the duck lacked a good sauce and was a bit dry!
The lamb dishes were just O K, but with little taste knowledgeable use of herbs and spices, and a disappointment! On the other hand the eggplant in tomato sauce was really tasty and superb!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It just happened tonight. I walked into the restaurant and made eye contact with one of waiters who is tall/black/ middle-age working behind the bar and I said “bonjour” and he greeted me back. He seemed very busy getting all drinks for customers so I was waiting standing in front of the door. A few minutes later, he served all drinks to customers who were already sitted at their table so I asked him if there’s a table for me in englsih and he suddenly said something in french which I don’t understand. Then, all customers in the restaurants looked at me and starred at me. He literally embrassed me in front of a bunch of people. I had a no idea what is going on. After that, some English speaking people came and they got a table right away. He was very kind to them btw. I even heard the conversation between him and one customer( they were speaking in English) who came alone but wanted to sit outside but there’s one table for four ppl. She said she is going to order one bottle of wine if she could take that table but that waiter told her that it’s not necessary. He still gave her that table while I was still standing in front of the door. I guess the reason he ignored me and embrassed me in front of other customers is that he’s just really tired of serving Asians???????? I cannot think of other reasons. Please if anyone knows it, let me know. So, I went to another restaurant which is one block away from it.

5  Thank Jihyun Y
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Worth seeking out just for the bottomless Chocolate Mousse!!! The daily special was a duck breast and it was fantastic! We tried three starters and they were all delicious! I think anything on the menu is worth a try!

The service was great and the atmosphere fun! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

A popular neighbourhood place near the Bastille, off the main road, which would make it less polluted, if smoking had decreased which apparently it has not. The menu is mostly "classical" French and both the meat and the vegetarian dishes were good. Service was OK, excellent if one considers how crowded the place was during our dinner. The atmosphere and the location is what make this a worthwhile place to have lunch or dinner, when you are near the Bastille, Republique or Marais