“Excellent tiny restaurant in the 6th, Paris”
Review of Chez Marcel

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Chez Marcel was down the street from our rented apartment, so we gave it a try. The owner was amazing, worked us into his already full dinner seating in a most courteous and efficient manner. I am a vegetarian, so eating in Paris can be a challenge. The owner not only translated the entire menu for us, but also pointed out everything vegetarian to me. I had a wonderful meal of artichokes, mushroom salad, and green salad with chevre. My husband loved the duck. The restaurant is tiny and quite charming. Be sure to make a reservation!

1  Thank Claire744
There are newer reviews for Chez Marcel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant must get most of its custom from the Hotel Le Six just across the road. It is too small to accommodate anyone else but this does not matter. Welcomed by the ebullient host, a native of Lyon (it shows in his food), you are seated very close to the next table (and I mean VERY close) and so quiet intimate conversation is soon forgotten. Instead, the evening becomes one for new friends and a lot of laughter. The food is excellent and served efficiently. So if you want a quiet romantic evening, forget it, otherwise just enjoy. Oh and steer clear of the huge bottle of plum brandy that is offered at the end of the meal...it is lethal (but delicious).

3  Thank Peterbuderim
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Chez Marcel is wonderful. The food is very tasty. The service is speedy and pleasant. The prices are low for Paris ($40-60 per person). The location is central.

Unfortunately, I am not the only person who knows this! Chez Marcel is in several guide books and online services. At 8:00 PM, we were surrounded by and shoulder-to-shoulder with English speakers. It's an opportunity to make new friends with people from Wisconsin.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from Paris. We stayed at Hotel Le Six in Montparnasse. Across the street was a little hole in the wall restaurant called Chez Marcel. We researched the restaurants we would visit during our week, but this one was not on the list. The first few restaurants were okay. We finally were tired of running all over Paris for dinner & asked our Concierge if Chez Marcel was any good. Yes! He said. Very good! So we asked the hotel to make a reservation for dinner for us. Well...this was by and far our most memorable meal in Paris. The restaurant is small, with tables tightly packed side by side. The staff is super friendly. You quickly find yourself laughing with other patrons. Foods are offered to taste, drinks too. The menu is not large, but the dishes are amazing. The food is in the style Lyonnais. I had a fish dish that I must learn to make at home. Everything was delicious. Everyone was warm and welcoming. You definitely get the impression that there are regular diners that eat at Chez Marcel quite often. If I lived in Paris, I would find my way to this restaurant on a regular basis. You leave feeling like you have eaten exquisite food prepared by an expert chef AND had an evening of entertainment to boot. Do not miss an opportunity to dine at this restaurant if you are in Paris.

3  Thank denpqk
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A warm greeting is offered even before you have opened the door at. Chez Marcel. A fantastic relaxed atmosphere and superb traditional French food is what the place is all about. We sat next to two local gentlemen who offered us wine, spoke to us with interest and along with our hosts help us have our best night out in Paris. A must visit restaurant.