“Delicious food and great people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4,922 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We are so glad we stepped into Damouri! My husband and I enjoyed the sampler menu were you get to try 8 dishes. Absolutely amazing flavors of the Mediterranean! Lebanese wine is really good too and though not an expert, I know a good bottle when I drink it and we really enjoyed the Chateau Krafeya. The people are really friendly and were very helpful! They added a dish we needed to go with other dishes we were eating. Oh, I've had hummus and falafal before but this went way beyond any I've eaten. I recommend this as a great place to eat. The value was great considering this is Paris.

• Visited June 2014

New Jersey
“Fresh herbs and bright flavors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

After a long and tiring day, we were looking for something to eat and wanted to sit outside. We knew nothing about Damouri or their food, but stopped. What a great decision. We split the dinner for 2 with only a vague idea of what would be served. The brochettes were beef, lamb and chicken. They were deliciously seasoned and were juicy and tender. They were accompanied by a mixed green salad with a very light dressing, tabboule and fries. You could taste the freshness of the chopped herbs, lemon, and garlic. Pulling everything together was a creamy whipped egg white, oil, and garlic dip. We finished off with a mix of different baklavas made with light pastry (phyllo dough?), chopped nuts, and spices that melted in your mouth. There were very few customers there but that was fine for us. Damouri is a hidden gem in Paris!

3 Thank ACYcouple
Devon
1,477 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6,498 helpful votes
“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

The Bekaa Valley Rose was good, as we're my beef kafkas and chicken shalwarma was also enjoyed. Not so keen on the mezze mixtures or my accompanying couscous salad. Limited atmosphere. We came mid evening on a Wednesday. Little trade. Our group of four inside and the a Spanish trio outside and a group of four more adults just as we left. €86 for one course each for our four. Have regretably to say that it was all a bit ordinary and we doubt we shall return. Pleasant waitress. Perhaps our bid mistake was not to ask for guidance and recommendations as suggested on the menu.

• Visited July 2012