“REALLY BALI and INDONESIA ....”
Review of Djakarta Bali

Djakarta Bali
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Djakarta Bali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,264 of 17,315 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$21 - US$64
Cuisines: Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Les Halles
Description: Near the Louvre museum, the Indonesian and Balinese restaurant Djakarta Bali welcomes you in the heart of Paris, 1st district at "Les Halles" area. Our restaurant makes you travel accross the regional specialities of Indonesia, from Java to Sumatra island... Enjoy your meal in a elegant and ethnical atmosphere, with the sound of traditional gamelan instrument music and zen ambiance, every friday night balinese danse show.
Paris, France
“REALLY BALI and INDONESIA ....”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is my first trip in Europe, visiting Paris, I found this restaurant when i am back from the Louvre museum.
As an Indonesian Chef, I was very surprised found a nice Indonesian restaurant in Paris, specially in the middle of the city, the ambience , music, service and tasted was so good and romantic / cozy with those Gamelan musics from Bali and Java . During my stay I went back 3 times and tried different courses. Pepes Udang (steamed Gambas with coconut milk and The Nasi goreng ( fried rice) were the best for me ! and i tried also Opor Ayam and Soto Jakarta.. The food is really authentic and delicious here that was the second surprised for me. The prices were Paris styled off course ! as Paris is indeed an expensive city in Europe.. but still .. worth it !!!! ;-))))

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ayamutiara

• Indonesian first
Paris, France
“a nice place to remember my hometown”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

being a far from family and my favorite Indonesian food, I find this restaurant to be a hook up place to where I used to belong. Familiar ambiance, music, and not to mention familiar catch-up phrase as they know I'm fellow Indonesian in Paris "Apa kabar????" I don't cook much Indonesian food, since it's bit too handful for me, and now I know the place to get some satay and pepes ikan or rendang (delicious). For some Indonesian, it might not taste as "savoury" as it should be like we used to have in Indonesia, but the rendang (beef in coconut sauce) never fails me. I wish they could serve also es cendol or es kelapa muda there too, then it would be a perfect dessert!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank cynosura
“Authentically Delicious ...”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

For those familiar or not with Indonesian cuisine, this is the place to be for a good traditional Indonesian food. The service is very good, the restaurant is nicely decorated and the food is authentically delicious. Price is not too expensive. I ordered the Opor Ayam (Indonesian chicken curry) and soto (Indonesian vegetable soup). I did not have too wait long, it came nicely served, very tasty and so was the home made sambal, for me who likes it hot and spicy. Having visited Indonesia at several occasions, Djakarta Bali is certainly the best place to try out the many variety of Indonesian specialties. I would certainly recommend this wonderful tropical oasis to anyone wanting to discover or rediscover Indonesian delicacies.

• Visited August 2011
8 Thank stellartrek
Rotterdam
“The only thing authentic is the decoration from Bali”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

As an expert in Indonesian cooking, I have recently visited Djakarta Bali with high expectations. Me and my friends were received very friendly. The restaurant is cosy and the (West javanese) gamelan lounge music and decoration reminded me very much of Balinese restaurants. We ordered a la carte spring rolls, gado-gado, ketoprak, sate daging, opor ayam and rendang daging with three portions of steamed rice and mie goreng.

For three people we received a basket holding a portion hardly enough for two, the ketoprak contained two tiny pieces of tofu, and most of it was very cheap rice vermicelli. The sate was cold, as if it was put on the grill right from the fridge. The taste of the opor ayam (2 tiny pieces of breast) was mostly lemon grass and coconut, almost bland, I missed most of the spices belonging in the dish. The peanut sauce was too sweet, the rendang not spicy as it should be, nor sweet and full bodied as rendang Padang. The beef sate (four sticks of four pieces each) was not marinated at all, so I missed the soy sauce, cumin, coriander, garlic, pepper and lemon aromas. Also, peanut sauce should be served with gado gado and ketoprak, real Indonesian beef sate has a smoky, sweet and spiced aroma, and a sauce with chilly, soy sauce, lime and shallots or spring onion. What we got here was a mediocre version of the Dutch variety of sate, not the real Indonesian.
All in all, the food can not be qualified as authentic (no regognizable regional taste, just blandness) nor as good quality or value for money, and most certainly not as haute cuisine. The restaurant should better drop the pretentions, and become a nice little warung instead, with a price level that suits the level of quality.

Total amount with water was 129,20 for four persons. We did not bother to order coffee or dessert anymore, because the taste of the food was as disappoiting as its price and quantity. Absolutely no value for money. I cook much better Indonesian food at any given day in my own kitchen. This restaurant is all but authentic, apart from the decorations from Bali.

1 Thank Youko
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
“Délicieux et dépaysant”
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Cuisine authentique, excellente et raffinée, carte très variée, service impeccable et ambiance dépaysante et apaisante, un sans faute !

6 Thank ssmith31239