“Impressive second time..”

Price range: US$12 - US$82
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Emporio Armani Caffe restaurant in Paris��� superchic 6th arrondissement is a perfect extension of the Armani aesthetic. Minimalist but not severe, neutral but tending toward the ecru/brown range rather than the more aging black, Emporio Armani attracts elegant diners and fashionistas in its peaceful ambience. This eaterie would not be out of place in Milan. The menu is entirely Italian with popular antipasti, classic spaghetti pomodo basilico, risottos including white truffle in season, and superb Italian ice cream on offer for mortals of the non-couture persuasion. A haven of serenity in St Germain des Pres.
Hong Kong, China
“Impressive second time..”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Something is getting even better in the overall atmosphere and experience, I used to like this restaurant the first time that I have been there, few years ago, but this time I have enjoyed even more..
I have always consider it a fashionable place to be and to be seen, but more than that I wasn't very impressed with the level of service and customers care.
This last time that I have been there I was very impressed on those details that are now taken care of, such as the wine pairing, food recommendations and hospitality.
I was very impressed by the fact that for the first time the manager came to took my order and recommend me the perfect match wine for my meal and he took the time to explain me about the origins of what was actually in my glass.. Me and my friends was amazed from how he was confident in his speech and knowledgable of wines.
Once back in the hotel I had suggested the restaurant to the concierge of the hotel, since of the short distance between the 2 venues and he told me that was already in his book, and indeed recently the hotel guests was very grateful to him of the suggestion and he heard several times good reviews about the service.
So I have decided to write my very first review in this site about this fabulous restaurant

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Paris, France
“Recommended by Italians on expense cards”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

As my Italian fashionista friends recommended it, I checked it out. True, the pasta is perfectly done, even though proportions are tiny. I had the linguini vongole (29 euro) and my associate had the spaghetti al pomodoro (22 Euro) and two half glasses of wine each (its considered chic to pour glass half way). We started withj the second most expensive with Cabernet Sauvignon and followed by Borolo. The Borolo was excellent (at 14 Euros per half glass it should be) Whilst the 12 Euro per half glass wine was mediocre. On arriving home I find that I was charged for 4 Borolos. The total bill came to about 55 euros per head and I stopped to buy a cheese crepe on the way home to satisfy my hunger. Service very cold (dont expect Southern Italian warmth and kindness). Only worth going if you are a model on a strict diet or enjoying yourself at company expense otherwise there must be thousands of places I would recommend first. Like the glasses and the plates, the restaurant was half empty whilst surrounding ones were packed. I think I understand why.

• Visited June 2013
Metz, France
“Una cucina tipica !”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've been to the Armani caffe a dozen of time since 2009.
Back then, Gianluca was just a perfect manager who develop this restaurant to in a italian top class restaurant. The classic Spaghetti al pomodoro where just perfectly cooked.
Since he left, I've been there twice and it has been an entire deception.
The waiters became so pathetic that I decided to stop loosing my time.

I give 3 stars for the memories but to be fair, it won't deserve more than 1.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Raphael C
Mexico City
“Fun terrace to have your meal”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We find time to eat here each time we are in town. It is a fun experience. Food is pretty good, service is slow, but friendly and polite. Other patrons are locals to Russian over-spenders. Nice decor, clean bathroom (not easy to find in Paris all the time). Cost is not excessive (not cheap) for the area and brand. It is next to Bistro Lipp and above the Armani store. Worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
Paris
“Bad service, bad food, arogant staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Armani Café is the typical tourist place to be avoided at all cost. The staff is arrogant and makes you feel you are disturbing them. Food arrived cold and we had to send it back. The ice cream we ordered for dessert was melted and we sent it back also. Service was extremely slow.

Visited January 2013