“Great dinner in a small restaurant near Montparnasse”
Review of La Cerisaie

La Cerisaie
Reserve with
La Cerisaie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,462 of 18,124 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Discovered "La Cerisaie" by chance upon wandering near Montparnasse. Good Southwest French food can be quite nice. Now in USA, I love small places 11 tables like La Cerisaie. Had Snails Cassoulet, then the Black Cochon and then decided to go for special with Blue Cheese Ice Cream, Prunes and red fruits. The desert was to die for, loved it: original excellent. Wine selection is quite good, I had Bergerac liked it, then my neighbor had me try his Corbieres quite good as well. Overall 5* no hesitation great dinner after landing from USA earlier in the morning. No hesitation ! original, good products, true SouthWest spirit.

2  Thank Herve B

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have been to La Cerisaie a few times, and I can say that the things the Chef can do with trouffles is amazing. Your experience will begin once you leave the subway and feel the vibrant neighborhood. A short walk will take you to the entrance of a very small, quaint, neighborhood restaurant. I have always had the same wait staff. They easily accommodate english, and will pair the wine with your meal. Solid food, and a nice place for a couple or a group of 4. It is an intimate setting, and I would not want to take, or be next to, a loud group.

4  Thank Craig B
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have now eaten here three times and the food has been fantastic each time. From a small kitchen, one person manages to keep us all happy with marvellous south-western French food. A lot of game: today we had pheasant pie, venison and partridge and all were superb, as were the desserts. The quantities are correct for such rich food as well, so you don't feel over full at the end of the meal. It is a very small restaurant and the tables are very close together so it is not really suitable for any group larger than 6 people - 2 is better! It is advisable to book due to the size and is slightly out of the way near Montparnasse cemetery but the food makes the journey worthwhile.

3  Thank AandRHLondon
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place is one of our favorites. Cecile serves 11 tables with efficiency, but what comes out of the kitchen is just short of fantastic. We've had three or four meals here and will go back again, and again.

3  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I adore this restaurant. The food (du sud ouest France) is outstanding. I could list all the yummy things to eat but at this restaurant you could pick anything and not go wrong. The service is superb, friendly but measured, thoughtful. Even though there are two seatings (7:30 & 9) we have never felt they were rushed at 7:30 because they time servings very well. And going at 9 is so romantic. The wine list is absolutely terrific. Count your blessings if you are lucky enough to get a table here.

4  Thank Andiamo_38