“Excellent food, good service but a little cramped inside”
Review of La Maison Courtine

La Maison Courtine
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Maison Courtine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,958 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Description: La Maison Courtine, proche de Montparnasse, vous accueille dans une ambiance chaleureuse du Sud qui se retrouve dans les couleurs de la decoration ou les tons oranges se melangent au vert et au jaune, et une salle au mobilier traditionnel qui privilegie l'intimite avec des tables bien separees. Vous y serez chez vous, gourmets et gourmands, reunis autour d'une cuisine traditionnelle du marche d'une jolie creativite, sans cesse revisitee.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, good service but a little cramped inside”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I visited La Maison Courtine for a business dinner. The staff were very flexible as we waited for all the party to arrive, although I did find the Maitre d'hote to be a little curt. Once inside the restaurant I found it to be a tiny bit small - not a great deal of space between the tables, however our party were seated in a small area to the side of the main body of the restaurant so this was not a problem.
Once we ordered, the food was excellent, my starter was delicious and the lobster ravioli I had as a main course was just about perfect. Our guests were also very complimentary about the food and the waiter's service.
The wine list is comprehensive and it's easy to pick something that compliments the food.
All in all a quality experience.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Whitefish, Montana
“Dependable quality”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here over 7 times in past years and enjoy it every time. Simple menu, prix fixe is very reasonable, solid quality time after time. I will continue to visit when I come to Paris.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kim K
Paris
“Good quality”
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has changed owners and cooks several times over the past few years.
Once a one star restaurant its present owners have made it into a quality local bistrot with a good choice of tasty selections on the menu.
With the 20% discount, proposed through La Fourchette, the fixed price menu only costs 30? for an entrée +plat + dessert.
Be careful with the overpriced wine list , since this can more than double the bill.

London, England
“Quality Bistro in 14th”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Well run restaurant that rarely disappoints. I think we were a group of 12 and had been asked to pre-order our meal to ease the burden on the kitchen (sometimes an issue on arrival due to memory lapses). I think the only unsatisfactory element of the meal was the rather dismal selection of cheese presented to me on a plate as I’d ordered cheese in lieu of a desert. Have restaurants given up on allowing you to select from a decent range of cheeses?

• Visited November 2012
ann arbor, MI
“Solid bistro in the 14th”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We have been going to La Maison Courtine for nearly a decade and have had above average to fantastic meals on these occasions. In November, we hosted a banquet for 20 people (most French) and were delighted that for such a large group, the food was very good. This was once a one star Michelin, but I think the costs and effort of maintaining this were too much. Now it is a "one star Bottin Gourmand" type restaurant and hence the food is very good, but the price is more affordable. There are about 40-50 spots so sometimes difficult to get a seat. If you book on La Fourchette you often can get a 15% discount on dinner for 2. Nice for a quiet dinner for two or a small group of friends. It is perfect for us as it is a 5 minute walk from our apartment on Rue Daguerre.

• Visited November 2012