“Good, fun, authentic”
Review of La Mascotte

La Mascotte
Reserve with
La Mascotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #408 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$17 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Description: Montmartroise restaurant brasserie with oyster bed, tasting seafood platters, shellfish, fish, shellfish. Cup "Best Pot in 1999," wine producers
Reviewed 6 June 2014

La Mascotte is a long established Brasserie in the "Abbesses" area of Paris' Montmartre. The service is friendly and, if you speak French, very chatty. I am not French but I was raised in Paris and my American wife is totally fluent, so this probably helps. I don't know what happens if you don't speak a word of French.
This place is a brasserie. This means "good food" brought to you quickly by waiters who know what they are doing because they are professionals and have years of experience. The oysters are delightful. As a matter of fact, this is one of the 10 or so best places for oysters in Paris. And oysters in France are probably the best in the world...
We always make it a point to go there for oysters each time we are in Paris.

There are newer reviews for La Mascotte

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my partner went to this restaurant by recommendation of a friend, thanks to her we had a great experience, we had no clue of French language at all, but we could see that the staff members were really doing everything they could to make us feel welcome, by showing pictures of what the food looked like, using sign language, both us and the staff we managed to agree on what we wanted to eat and drink, well when the food come, the presentation was do die for and the taste was out of this world, we could not ask for more that this, it was perfection to every single detail. It is easily on my top 3 restaurants I have ever been to. By tasting the food you can see that they cooked this with love and passion, the flavors were amazing, from starter to dessert and even the coffee was delicious, I truly recommend this restaurant :) And for sure will come back next time I am in Paris. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Past the terrace and the bar, the place is big inside. But nicely Art Deco decorated and staff was fast, but professional and fun to deal with. Food was excellent.
We recommend this place when you are in the Moulin Rouge neighborhood. For example when you only go to the show.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We ate twice in five days here. That in many ways says it all.The food is fresh,excellent and cooked to perfection. The seafood comes from its own shop next door and the oysters, sea snails and crab so sea tasting and a delight. You can also eat in the shop in a casual manner. The thick cut calf's liver served rare was the best I have eaten.. The gentleman in charge of the room is the definition of laid back but friendly and full of a sense of humor.We like the place and find it has a unique style and charm. Will return often and good value,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Take care to make a reservation in the restaurant in the deeper part of the place and be prepared for:
1) freshest seafood starters
2) tastiest fish whatever you choose
3) formal, but very attentive service
4) beautiful, light, traditional modern design
Please be also prepared to pay for all of that ;) Though I am not sorry for any euro we've left here. We had great evening and I'll come again if only have a chance.