“Mussels and Fries- Oh My”
Review of La Terrasse

La Terrasse
Ranked #9,553 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, German
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This café is on a busy corner by a metro stop. We were fortunate to have front row seats on the street scene and an efficient waiter. We both ordered the mussels and fries (moules and frites) which were plentiful and delicious and came with bread for soaking up the fragrant and tasty classical broth. The waiter brought enough discard plates that he could continuously disposed of our empty shells and make more room on the table. Food and wines were reasonable. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stopped at this little cafe at 300 in the afternoon only because I could not walk one more step since our start at 900 that am. What a delight! The service was quick and friendly. We ordered off the snack menu. I had the penne pasta with tomatoes and parmesan cheese. It was fabulous! It has just the right amount of basil and other very fresh seasonings. Each bite was a delight! My husband had the ham and cheese omelet with french fries. It was great too! portions were large enough that we decided that it would be our dinner. We had a wonderful rose wine. We were refreshed enough to make it to the Eiffel tower! It was also a great people watching location!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

La Terrasse (red awning) sits on the corner of La Bosquet and Avenue de la Motte Picquet and is the best one to try of all the cafes surrounding this busy corner, which is only a 5 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Great food here, from soup to dessert, had some fantastic Escargot, good wine and it is a fun place to see and be seen! You know it is good when the seats are all full! Just nice to relax and soak in a Paris street scene!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We happened upon this restaurant as we were staying at Le Meridien Etoile, and wanted to get something to eat close by as we were tired from traveling. We walked around and saw a cafe with hardly anyone in it (red flag), then La Terrasse, with lots of people in it eating and drinking and seemingly having a good time. Glad we went in. What a gem! We were greeted very warmly and seated right away. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The french onion soup was delicious and cheesy. It is a large bowl! Two of us had the pasta carbonara, which was very good. Be aware that they put a raw egg on top for you to mix into the pasta yourself. If you are squeamish about a raw egg, make sure you ask them to mix it in while piping hot, or leave it out. My daughter had the pasta with pesto, very delicious with freshly shaven parmesan cheese. My son had the hamburger with pommes frites, he loved it. Creme brulee for dessert was great. The waiter gave us great wine recommendations. Would definitely go back. Sit inside if you don't want cigarette smoke.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

The simplicity of French breakfast shouldn't be taken for granted.
I love breakfast. It's one of my favourite things in the entire world. On my last day in Paris, I happened upon La Terrasse in my wandering and boy am I glad I did.

There wasn't a single thing about this breakfast I would change. Everything was fresh and delicious. The baguette with butter was out of this world, the bread rich and dense and so, so tasty. I don't know what kind of jam they served but it was golden and delicious. The croissants melt in your mouth, orange juice comes in a very well filled wine glass and this was easily the best cup of coffee I've ever consumed.

Service was second to none. The waiter was enthralled with my travel companion (a teddy bear named James). He even gave him a lollipop at the end of the meal!

If I could spend the rest of my days in this restaurant eating breakfast, I would be a happy girl.