“An OK Food, Average & Fairly Priced”
Review of Leon de Bruxelles

Leon de Bruxelles
Ranked #1,994 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$24 - US$26
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The place is OK, but not more. Average food, average service, nothing memorable. The focus of the menu is mostly on mussels and beer. Quite cheap, but not especially interesting. You might as well avoid it or go there for a quick snack.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The first thing I thought when I entered, was that it was the closest thing to a Denny's I'd seen in the past five years I've lived in Europe. Obviously, it's not the highest quality food, but it's not trying to be. It's a place where you can get a quick bite to eat or a coffee and have various- decently priced options.
It isn't necessarily the most authentic experience, but it's convenient.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Been here since i was a student a decade ago.
Multiple chains in paris and well known for their mussels!
No complains! still the same all these while!
Comes with unlimited fries. Good place for people who likes mussels or seafood.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Brasserie restaurant on the very busy Montparnasse Boulevard. We recalled our excellent experience of the lunch we had had at the original and popular “Chez Léon” in Brussels/Belgium and we hoped of course that the high quality would be the same here at their Paris branch.
The décor is comparable to dozens of similar restaurants in this city.
The waiter was absolutely the most joyful person attending us in years.
We decided for the “moules marinière” – the standard way of preparing mussels. The Brussels “Chez Léon” is famous for this. To our surprise, the mussels were of the smallest size and (to our taste) the preparation lacked enough vegetables (celery, parsley etc…) and pepper. The French fries were of an average quality.
All together with exception of the waiter, this restaurant offered an industrially manufactured uninspired quality.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We went for a late dinner after walking around Montparnasse and decided to give this supposedly specialized restaurant a try with belgian moules and frites. Both the moules and frites were terrible and the quality was definitely sub par. The frites tasted like they were frozen and reheated in a microwave. We tried the moules with gratin which was dreadful with bland sauce and very dry cheese. I sent my food back and the waiter argued that this is how it is supposed to be cooked but I insisted that it was certainly not the case as I had belgian and french moules and frites before and this is nothing like it. The service was really bad with very unfriendly and impatient waiters. With so many good food options in Montparnasse, I would avoid this place like poison.