“Better the 2nd time around”

Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,779 of 18,126 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$48 - US$197
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Despite a mixed experience the first time eating here in 2011, I returned with a colleague in April, 2014. This time, we skipped the seafood tower and stuck with what they do best. We ate several types of oysters which were delicious. Grilled shrimp were similarly delightful with a delicate buttery garlic sauce as was the grilled sea bass. For dessert we had a cheese platter that was served in an interesting way - under glass with a smouldering sprit of rosemary that gave the soft cheeses a subtle flavor. We had wines by the glass recommended by the waiter. All in all, this was a very good meal, marred only a little by rather inattentive service.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The price are very high for the quality.
We have been waiting for our dishes and the stfaff is not pleasant at all.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is pushy and makes you uncomfortable to start with. The iPad menus that keep turning themselves oof don't help with that first impression either. I have some allergies that I have to be careful of and asking the questions about that soon showed that all the food is prepared in advance and not actually fresh. But we persevered. First course for me was OK but my wife was served fridge cold sardines which were horrible. The second course was worse. Wife's was a piece of cod with soggy skin and bones in it and mine was sardines. They were OK (warm this time) but 4 sardines don't make a meal. We left after this 116 euros the poorer and went elsewhere for a proper meal. Worst meal of the holiday by a mile (and most expensive). Really shocked.
Put average on the service rating below as one waitress was OK. The rest were pushy.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I think we met the same arrogant waiter mentioned in some of the reviews, however we were finally served by a very nice waitress. The oysters and fish are incredible. Very price but worth it.

1  Thank Jlballesteros
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived for our third visit but without a reservation, the Maitre'D said it was not a problem and we were seated without any fuss.
They use I Pads for menus which is great if you like that sort of thing, they are great bits of kit but next to useless as a menu when there is such a large choice. I suspect they have a printed version but it was not offered.
We travel to France quite often and I'm the first to admit that my French is not good but i try and in 99% of cases the French appreciate the effort and we get by. On this occasion the Somalia/waiter was Monsieur 1%, the most arrogant and unhelpful person I have ever had the misfortune to meet in France. Once we had ordered we saw no more of him, the rest of the staff were very friendly and courteous.
The food was very good but pricey as was the wine.
Probably not worth going again, there are too many other nice restaurants in Paris.

1  Thank Homersignalman