“Great Italian place at 5 minutes from Notre Dame” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Bucheron
Ranked #2,519 of 16,719 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian, French, European
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Liege, Belgium
“Great Italian place at 5 minutes from Notre Dame”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed having lunch in this restaurant. Just few minutes from the very touristic and overpriced restaurants you can easily find great restaurants like this one. Italian food and wines that’s all we need; right?

• Visited July 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Ah, Le Boucheron...!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Great food, great service an awesome atmosphere.
There's a reason this hidden treasure is so popular with the locals. We loved it and hope you do to.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tim E
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A gem in the Marais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This restaurant was just around the corner from our apartment and recommended by our host. We had dinner here on 3 occasions during our trip and each experience was wonderful! The food was always delicious, the service fast and friendly and the atmosphere was great! It was also very reasonably priced. I look forward to going back when we are next in Paris. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kerry E
Stockholm, Sweden
“Slow service, good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We went for a late dinner (after 10 pm) since this was nearby where we lived and pasta sounded like a good idea. When we arrived the place was quite packed but not completely full. Anyway, after waiting for 15 minutes to get the menu, we gave up and found one on another table. Then, the service continued in the same slow pace throughout the evening. Getting the bill and paying it took forever, I gave up and paid at the counter instead of waiting the entire evening.

But, once we got our food and drinks, everything went quite smoothly. Pasta was perfectly cooked and tasted very nice. Antipasti "starter" was a big portion - and so was the pasta. One dish of pasta is quite enough as a dinner here. So, slow service, good food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston
“Deceiving but "correct"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

First of all, this restaurant has 2 addresses as it has 2 entrances on 2 streets. The one noted above and another (14, rue de Rivoli).

We were looking for a Sunday Brunch and this one was until 4p. We passed by the Italian side (rue de Roi de Sicile) and when we came across it on the opposite side (rue de Rivoli) we thought we'd have Italian and do lunch instead of brunch. Evidently, lunch menu was not offered on this side even though I could see the "italian" side just 10 steps away. So we stuck with brunch.

For 25euros, you had 2 options:
1-bread and mini croissant, flute of champagne, choice of juice, hot drink, ham bagel with a side of beef lasagna, scrambled egg with ham bits, vegetable bites, fruit (a couple chunks of pineapple) and slice of camembert cheese.
2-same thing except it's a salmon bagel with a side of vegetable lasagna and no cheese.

This sounded like a "correct" price for Paris and what we were getting in exchange. The waitress wasn't overly attentive (nothing new in most of Paris) and we received our plates (picture provided) in average time but before we received any of our beverages or bread/croissant. It was a small table for 2 so with 2 of the plates shown in the picture I've added, there was really just enough room to enjoy the meal. THEN the barrage of the "rest of the order" came. The waitress jammed them on our table haphazardly and didn't seem to care that there was no way we could eat our food without risk of knocking another item over. But she wasn't worried. We ran out of space so on an extra chair pulled up beside us, she placed the breads basket and sugar (wish I would've taken a picture of this for you).

This was all very bizarre for us as we live in Paris (me for 1 year now) and my boyfriend is Parisian. We had ordered one of each of the brunch options. I was looking forward to my bagels and locks of salmon. Bagels was what drew us to this menu. Did you notice in the photo what we got instead? A HAMBURGER BUN WITH THE MIDDLE CUT OUT. This changed the texture of what I had wanted with the salmon and really destroyed it for me.

Further, The little cup of scrambled eggs with salmon was dry and tasteless. The beef lasagna was better than the vegetable but nothing extraordinary. The bread had butter thrown on it and presentation outside the nice plate was horrid.

So I say that this meal was deceiving because wanted a bagel as was stated on the menu and they made no apologies nor gave any indications that they had evidently ran out of bagels, and instead tried to "trick" us with an amateur cutting of circles in a hamburger bun. I said "correct" because it was a lot of food and drink for about the price you would find at any Paris restaurant of this sort. Would I go back? No.

• Visited November 2012