“Perfect end to our trip”
Review of Le Buisson Ardent

Le Buisson Ardent
Reserve with
Le Buisson Ardent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Everyone about our visit was wonderful. We have reservations right when it opened and got a great seat. We started with a wonderful Beaujolais which they only had 1-2 bottles left and we soon knew why. It was incredible. I opted for the three course menu. I started with the swordfish appetizer. The sauce was delicious. Everything worked together well. I really enjoyed it. I had the slow roasted lamb for my main course and again it was incredible. The sweetness from the raisins in the polenta were a nice touch. Overall an amazing experience. I ended with the cheese plate as we were in Paris. I asked for a recommended glass of wine to go with it and although I am not sure what it was, it paired very well with all the cheeses. Throughout the meal we were served fresh warm bread and the basket was always replenished. I will definitely go back next time I am in Paris.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place was absolutely packed! The service however did not lack at all. Our waiter was very good with us even though we weren't great at French, and he was great with English. The selection was good and varied. A friend we went with needs gluten free food and there was plenty for her to choose from. We had varied dishes from fish to beef fillet to lamb. It was all well cooked and the desserts were pretty damn good as well. I would suggest making a reservation prior if you want to get a table, as I said it was full on a Wednesday night.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is so precious I feel as if a Philistine like myself has no business trying to describe it so all I can say is ...Wow. For about 55 euro I relished the 3 course offering and two glasses of red wine(maybe a pinot noir) and every bit was just superb. I mean, dining here alone was actually a thrill, it was that good.

I started with a risotto with dark meat chicken in a very rich sauce that was probably the best I've ever eaten. The main was a very large pork steak with a thick layer of fat on the edge, of course gorgeously sauced with potatoes on the side. Finished with a chocolate torte that had a molten center and vanilla ice cream on top, again, wow.

Everything about this Lonely Planet recommended place is just right including the service, menu advice, decor and ambience. These people are really talented and all I can say is thank you. My best meal ever in Paris.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Not much to add to what has already been written. Very happy we went. Food was very good and inexpensive for a very good Paris bistro. The wine we had was also reasonably priced and excellent.

The head waiter had things well under control despite some repeated gaffs from, what I suspect, was a neophyte server. Nothing disastrous just mildly amusing.

Overall very happy and would return.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

"This is a darling restaurant" said my partner and it is true. We took a couple who had never been to Paris hoping to show them a typical French bistro experience and the Buisson fulfilled our expectations. Lovely light fittings, frescoes on the walls, a cosy feeling on what was a rainy and cool June evening and a warm welcome. Our waiter had a lovely sense of humour. Three main courses and an empty plate were put in front of us and he wished us "Bon appetit" to laughter all round. The cast iron pot with my veal then appeared from the kitchen to ensure we all had something to eat. He joined in the joke as one of our party selected her dessert and then worked out what her husband was going to order. €40 for three courses in the evening with about five or six choices for each course. The menus we were given had some imperfect English translation which was helpful for our visitors. The "spelt" risotto appeared as "spelled" though so you had to translate the English a bit as well. We could see ourselves coming back here as a regular haunt.