“Great food, lackluster service”
Review of Le Buisson Ardent

Le Buisson Ardent
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Buisson Ardent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #291 of 17,292 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, lackluster service”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We visited this restaurant on our first night in Paris. We had made a reservation and were a few minutes early but were seated right away. I'm not sure if they ignored us for the first 15 minutes because we were slightly early, or if that's just the standard of service. When we were finally acknowledged, the service was quite good. The food was absolutely fantastic - no complaints whatsoever about that.
Overall, once they stopped ignoring us, we had a very pleasant evening and based on the food, would definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
Saltburn
“French bistro food at its best!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great food, great wine, great service, what more would you want? I ordered the €22 supplement to get a glass of champagne and a glass of wine with both my entree/plat. I would highly recommend doing it as the wines I received were not only delicious but perfectly suited to my food choices; the beef tartare with the pinot noir is an absolute must!

Thanks again for a great night!

• Visited August 2014
Mathias, West Virginia
“great, creative meal”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We tried this restaurant on our last night in Paris. Marvelous Find. The menu is very creative with organic ingredients. On a Friday night it was very busy. Get reservations.

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Perfect end to our trip”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Everyone about our visit was wonderful. We have reservations right when it opened and got a great seat. We started with a wonderful Beaujolais which they only had 1-2 bottles left and we soon knew why. It was incredible. I opted for the three course menu. I started with the swordfish appetizer. The sauce was delicious. Everything worked together well. I really enjoyed it. I had the slow roasted lamb for my main course and again it was incredible. The sweetness from the raisins in the polenta were a nice touch. Overall an amazing experience. I ended with the cheese plate as we were in Paris. I asked for a recommended glass of wine to go with it and although I am not sure what it was, it paired very well with all the cheeses. Throughout the meal we were served fresh warm bread and the basket was always replenished. I will definitely go back next time I am in Paris.

Brisbane, Australia
“Latin quarter gem”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place was absolutely packed! The service however did not lack at all. Our waiter was very good with us even though we weren't great at French, and he was great with English. The selection was good and varied. A friend we went with needs gluten free food and there was plenty for her to choose from. We had varied dishes from fish to beef fillet to lamb. It was all well cooked and the desserts were pretty damn good as well. I would suggest making a reservation prior if you want to get a table, as I said it was full on a Wednesday night.