“Chance encounter ”
Review of Cafe d'Angel

Cafe d'Angel
Reserve with
Cafe d'Angel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #685 of 18,708 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely, freshly prepared dinner in small but charming restaurant run by friendly & welcoming proprietor. A little pricey but well worth it based on quality. Definitely would come back.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Visited here 2 years ago & it was sensational. However on our return this year this has gone beyond sensational and reached a level of pure brilliance. With 4 people who had high expectation from previous visits, it was a complete delight to find that they have upped the anti.
The meals were Brilliant, the Service outstanding, with a magnificent friendly aire of confidence in their product & self belief.
We will return.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

What amazing food.
The sort of food you hope to find in Paris.
All our food was incredible.
Highly recommended and great service too

Reviewed 25 August 2016

It has been 2 years since I have eaten here last time. And because my business takes me to Paris every 2 years I try to eat in Le Caffe d'Angel at least twice in a week that I spend in Paris.
So what is that I like here ? Well I could say that Deserts are fantastic - Especially Chocolat "liegeoise", salted caramel juice and nougatine. Also the main courses and appetisers are very very good, but there is something else that attracts me here. And it is the atmosphere. It is that mix of "I do not care about anything, I will just do what I want and if somebody comes - nice, if they do not, even better" - what I am trying to say is that the floor and the tables have the very same pattern of the stone and it is the one you would see at fishmongers. So not very spectacular, well, to be honest - all BUT spectacular - but in some strange way - it does work. The tiles on the walls are super generic white tiles you might see in a public toilet - but they work there. Light and the lamps make you feel like you in a living room of a quite avant-garde family from the beginning of 60's - but again - you guessed it - it works. It looks very lean, relaxing, very much non pretentious - but still - the food is bespoke, service is fantastic and the atmosphere is really retro and relaxed. And in a strange way I kinda feel a bit at home when I am there, and no restaurant in Paris achieved that until now :)
Thanks !!!

1  Thank Andrej S
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Was taken here by local hosts on a business trip. Had the 2 course set meal. The restaurant added a small quinoa salad as a pre-starter course. After that had the tomato, grapefruit and parmesan salad with pesto and then bream and roasted vegetables for main. All very delicious with good friendly service.