“An enjoyable evening”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I went to Clown Bar with a couple of friends over from the States. The four of us went up to the northern part of the Marais before our reservation time and got a cocktail at a bar a few blocks away (Little Red Door, also recommended). The waiter we had was good (and fortunately for us, he spoke perfect English). We started with the friend sea snails to nibble while we looked that menu. The menu is simple - 4 or 5 items for each course. I enjoyed the foi gras with pear for my starter and then had the sweetbread for my main. Both were fantastic. The sweetbread was the best I’ve had. It had a crispness on the outside and maintained that melt-in-your-mouth interior that is always so delicious. It came with chard and what seemed like little pieces frozen bleu cheese. I would definitely order it again.

I will definitely try this place again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The team at the Clown Bar has beautifully restored a Paris classic into one of the most charming and delightful small restaurant/bars anywhere. The multilingual team was very helpful with dining and wine choices. Every dish was near perfect by in every respect. The culinary skills and quality of each ingredient was super! In fact, am going back for dinner!

2  Thank RJMerlot
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a great lunch at Clown Bar. Retro decor with modern food and very few tourists! The staff was very helpful and was happy translate the entire menu for us in English.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The memorable decor is clowns from ceiling to floor. The menu is inviting, the food is delicious, and the owner is a little eccentric and completely wonderful. I eat here at least once every time I go to Paris.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

First night of a four day break in Paris and stumbled upon Clown Bar listed on Tripadvisor City App.
Quirky decor, charming, friendly and helpful owner Joe and tasty food. Eyes nearly popped out of head when large dish of pate bought to table....pretty much have as much as you like ...dont overdo it though. leave room for the delicious duck!