“Don't Wait in Line”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the evening we went to this restaurant we had to wait some time in line to get a sidewalk seat. The table was so small it could just hold our drink order. Our food order was satisfactory, but the small table made things very awkward. Very rushed by the wait staff.

1  Thank TravelerFred2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was there last Saturday, June 23, with my family and we chose this place because we like the area and because it had good reviews. Since last year, we had seen that the place was always crowded so we really wanted to try it.
We sat for 20 minutes and although the servers had seen us, none of them approached our table. When one finally was close enough and I called her, she looked at us like we were crazy, as if surprised for wanting to order food from a server at a restaurant!! Finally we got our food: a Niçoise salad, a tuna filet and a Sucrine Salad. To start, we got the foie gras. Everything was below ordinary, poorly prepared, really bad quality. I couldn’t eat the Niçoise salad, it was that bad... but the worst was the service; it’s not that the servers are not kind, they are... they just don’t have any clue about service, or serving.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an absolutely terrific people watching location. Sit on the street and take full advantage, but to avoid the line get there before 7pm for dinner. We arrived just before 7 and were the last to be seated without a line. By 7:30, the line was an hour wait and it was nearly two hours by 8:30. When we passed at Noon the next day, there was a half hour line. The lamb was fresh and perfectly cooked (pink), but it fell off the bone. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Coastman3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hands down, one of the best restaurants in Paris. Simply yet amazing food, even better than the some of 3 michellin star restaurants in Paris. Went there on my last visit to paris, waited for over an hour to sit down for lunch and have to say the food was definitely worth it!!!!
The only reason they don't get a excellent rating is due to the service. Our waitress was super rude, and barely seemed to care about taking care of us. I can overlook that for the food there but the prices are not cheap. Maybe lack of service is a french thing? Not sure, but wish the management would change the level of service..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love this place! I think it's the 3rd time we have visited and I love the buzzy atmosphere, the fact it feels very authentic, great wines, brisk service and always a great time! My husband and I shared some snails and charcuterie to start followed by a salad each. I have the Salade Gourmande every time I come and it never disappoints and my husband's nicoise was super loaded and delicious, along with a deliciously dry and crisp carafe of rose. All in all extremely convivial and we always leave with a big smile on our face having had a great lunch.