“Friendly Service, Good Food ... Enjoyable Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Florimond
Ranked #84 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Peoria, Illinois
“Friendly Service, Good Food ... Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The service at this restaurant was the most welcoming of our entire vacation. Our food was good, cannot call it great, but I clearly recommend this restaurant for a low key, nice meal.

My confit de canard was very good and my wife really enjoyed her starter of layered pasta salad and the mille-feuille dessert. On the other side ... my starter of lobster ravioli and my wife's main course of turbot and asparagus were fine, but neither was memorable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank From_Morton_IL

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“OK food, excellent service. Sadly, not recommended”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our first meal in Paris, so we didn't know what to compare it to yet. (May 28th - we ate there right off the Chunnel trip!)

The pros: Service, friendliness and accommodating staff, atmosphere
The cons: Food was average at best

Immediately upon entering this busy place which had been pre-booked for us by our hotel, we were greeted by a kind and welcoming member of the staff. I told him we were about half an hour early for an 830 reservation and he knew who we were and seated us anyway. The staff was engaging and very on the ball in this lovely, small restaurant. There was a review from March which discussed the flavorless lobster ravioli. I ordered it anyway and was disappointed with it, as I found it bland as well. The rest of the meal was similar, with overcooked risotto, a boring salad, etc. etc.

After eating numerous meals at many different, and much less expensive, restaurants throughout Paris, I can say safely that there are much better places to eat food than Le Florimond. I hope the food quality improves, as I loved the atmosphere and I loved the staff. Until such time as the food becomes worth the higher than average Paris prices, I say skip this place and find a local small restaurant with reasonable prices instead. At least this way, if the food is marginal, the prices will be as well.

Matt R.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mattrigoberto
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Really enjoyable dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We used Rick Steve's recommendation as we often do. We really have had wonderful dinner there. Very warm, welcoming and helpful service.House wine was great , lentil soup with smoked duck breast was fantastic, roasted duck was yummy and white cheese desert was very good.The whole atmosphere was very pleasant , clientele are mostly Americans ,but around 9:00 locals come. The owner is a very warm and charming person. We would come again with a pleasure.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto
“Amazing food, exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were recently in Paris and ate at Le Florimond. At the suggestion of friends we made reservations at this restaurant & I called to book the reservation (you will need to pre-book as the restaurant is busy & quite small) from Toronto. Our daughter has a gluten & dairy allergy & I was concerned about her options n Paris. When I told the host this over the phone he told me not to worry & that they would ensure that she had something to eat. He was kind & set my mind at ease. Three weeks later when we arrived at the restaurant he was true to his word. Not only were there options for her but he spent a lot of time with her explaining what was in the various meals & his recommendations. He was outstanding (& I am so sorry that I don't remember the host's name) & we were all very grateful that he made our meal easy & provided peace of mind. The food when it arrived was wonderful - each of our meals were fabulous & it was an all round terrific evening. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Manassas, Virginia
“Favorite restaurant in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant gives such a personal and warm touch to the service that complements the incredible and unusual offerings on the menu. I have been going to this restaurant since 1994 and it is consistently excellent, and the same folks greet us at the door and manage the place! It is a tiny place and has many local regulars, so be sure to reserve at table! They not only speak english but are delightful with Americans. I must say, I have treated my Parisian friends to dinner here and they enjoyed their meals so much that they returned to the place on their own. That is a testament to Le Florimond in itself!

• Visited June 2013