“A MONDAY SPECIAL”

Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Sydney, Australia
“A MONDAY SPECIAL”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

In the Marais virtually all restaurants are closed on a Monday so we were happy to find this one open. The service was a bit erratic but the food was very good and the prices reasonable. Well worth a visit if you are stuck for somewhere to eat on a Monday.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Lovely little place with great food and friendly waiters (with good English). As an awkward nut allergy sufferer I found the waiters very helpful, they even ensured I could share the chocolate desert with my hubby by having the nut sauce in a separate dish.
All in all, would definitely recommend to others.

London
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went here on Sunday night for my birthday dinner with my partner.

As a non-French speaker (high school French didn't help me much!) and a completely French menu it was a challenge but a fun one. The tuna starter was incredible. The crab was lovely too. We both had the entrecote steak. It was a little grisly but nothing could compare to the mashed potato. It was easily the best mash I have ever had along with delicious mange tout. It was reasonably priced and we were the only non French people there. Some of the waiters could speak English but that isn't so important. The service is French style so unhurried but when you expect that then it isn't so bad. I would definitely recommend coming here.

Paris, France
“They do not know how to turn tables. Horrible experience.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have not been to this restaurant in years. They’ve changed Chefs and the food has improved dramatically for the better. But here’s a few problems I have with this restaurant. #1 they turn tables. #2 they’re very bad at turning tables. #3 they lie, which is the worse thing you can do.

We arrived at 8 pm, the time our reservations were made. They told us our table wasn’t ready and it’d be a few more minutes, so we waited. About half an hour later we asked what was going on? and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said our reservations was for 7:30, which we clearly said NO way. Locals do not make reservations at 7:30? American tourist do, but NOT locals (which we are). And, they gave our table away. A friend would not accept this and basically said you get our table ready cause we made reservations, and I don’t care how you do it. Another group followed us and were told I assume the same lie, so they left and we believe we got their tables.

Once inside we had a wonderful time. However, the noise level was unbelievably loud. Would I go back, ABSOLUTELY NOT, for the primary reason I don’t like going to restaurants that turn the tables, which is a new concept in Paris and they’re very bad at it! And, my philosophy about dining in Paris, it has to be about the overall experience.

1 Thank RandydeParis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A wonderful Parisan cafe in Le Marais”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great and inventive French food. Place is really hopping and the service is wonderful. Place is somewhat cramped but you don't mind once the food arrives and the wine vegans to flow.

• Visited May 2014