“Lovely little restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Petit Nicois - CLOSED

Le Petit Nicois
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Really nice food and great service. Not cheap but no dearer than the many other places in the area. Situated in a quiet road, off the main drag. It wasn't at all busy so we didn't need to book.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Eat here! You won't regret it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The staff are delightful, the food exceptional and traditional. The drink measures generous and the atmosphere entirely authentic. No one else was speaking English around me. I loved it! And they happily looked after me even though I was alone...

1 Thank KateH87
Franklin, Tennessee
“Decent, but not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had the snails and seafood soup and both were tasty, but the soup was a little over cooked. My wife had the vegies and inkfish, and they were lukewarm and barely satisfactory. Service was reasonably good.

Visited September 2013
“Lukewarm food and uncooked sea food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

The place is ok...the fish was good the night before, so we decided to go back...mistake. We ordered a fish with sea food and for our surprise, the fish was not cooked properly and some shells were still closed! No discount provided even after complaining! We ended up going to another restaurant as we were still hungry! Not nice experience! Do not recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seattle
“It's late, It's Sunday, It's Finished”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I can't tell you how many times we heard "it's finished" from the waiter (meaning no more left) when we visited here. Another recent reviewer basically wrote my review for me (escargot - too much olive oil, waiters unengaged, ink fish - uninspired). It was nice to have a little more elbow room and a comfortable chair but I'll trade a padded seat for better food and service any day of the week and twice on Sunday. (BTW - count us as additional victims of a Rick Steves restaurant recommendation). But like some other reviewers - the desert was to our liking and prevented the evening from being a complete loss.

• Visited September 2013