“Excellent!!”

Le Pre Catelan
Ranked #117 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the famous Bois de Boulogne, this treasure of French cuisine received 3 stars in the Michelin Guide.
Rome, Italy
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

White and silver decor is gorgeous, the service is friendly, warm and efficient in the kitchen Frédéric Anton is sublime. The original flavors preserve the product's taste and magnify. Congratulations to his pastry chef for his apple blown as beautiful to look at as taste.
The framework and service level of its 3 stars.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank freed0m1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
“"not an angel.....Je suis ze divel"”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Magical dining....3 Michelin Stars and SO much more. In broken French, i asked our driver to take us "tres rapide" out of a dinner boat queue to somewhere better. He guided us through a park (Boulogne) filled with he-she prostitutes to our wide-eyed curiosity/concern, through gates and to this unexpectedly intimidating presence of a restaurant. As our driver and the matre'd conversed past my skill to keep up, I assumed our driver was arguing on our behalf and we were being turned away but instead le Monsieur escorted our under-dressed selves to the finest table in this 3 Michelin star restaurant. This was the first place that my French was better then their only "English-speaker" which proved further that we were in the right place. Not getting to prepare, head spinning, 3 star unaware, I broached by choosing no first course, le Monsieur countered by bringing all the selections. Each course, taste, and flavor exceeded its former and I finished with the desert, "le pomme," tears of joy. My wife called le Monsieur "an angel." His reply is my review title. Price? My tip could buy a Vespa. Go, be worthy, respectful and the fortunate haver of your experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Richard G
Los Angeles, California
“The most incredible food experience ”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

It was our first time, but not the last, at this wondrous restaurant. What we experienced wasn't just a meal - it honestly was closer to a spiritual experience, or molecular transformation! We had the incredible fixed menu with many courses, and only one of the many dishes didn't utterly blow us away.
The staff were sweet, good humored, and the attention to detail was inspiring.

2 Thank Captaincanadian
Sao Paulo, SP
“A 3 Star Experience in Paris”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

In general I felt many restaurants not as good as they use to be this season in Paris perhaps because of the crisis in France that has been very hard to the French people as I heard. This was my third time at the Pre Catelan. It was good but not extraordinary. The service is still very kind and always present, very nice and gently people. The restaurant is classy. The food this time was below my expectation. Good but not the best. The service of 3 courses of each plate you order (if you order entrèe and main course you will have 6 different plates) is too much food and you get tired of it at the end. I believe it is time to change. The wine list is really amazing but very very expensive so as the food.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank OASette
Burlington, Vermont
“Fantastic food and Service - did Gluten Free well”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First let me say they were wonderful and the staff handled my GF amazingly. They understood what I could and could not eat and made sure I knew what was and was not GF. I think they actually might have assigned someone to me to make sure I was comfortable. The food melted in my mouth the Lobster app with radish and tomato base was so yummy I wanted seconds. The place was gorgeous. Highly recommend to anyone who loves food. One bad note getting there you have to pass a number of "ladies of the night" which was interesting but also felt dangerous even though it was very safe.

• Visited April 2014