“Great Experience Overall”

Le Pre Catelan
Ranked #263 of 18,720 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the famous Bois de Boulogne, this treasure of French cuisine received 3 stars in the Michelin Guide.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with my family at this place tonight. Two of us ordered the 6-course menu and the two others ordered al carte. The service was great and the ambience was amazing. The quality of food was outstanding (3 Michelin star restaurant). The ingredients were fresh, cocking and serving temperature was perfect). Great experience overall despite the big €€€€ I paid.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

There is not a better restaurant. Its everything you imagined and yours for the taking. Plan on 3 hours, and give yourself 30 minutes to get there.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

If you understand the star system Michelin uses to rate restaurants you need only know Pre Catelan is a three star in the heart of the Bois de Boulogne in Paris. The restaurant lives up to it stars in every way. The setting is elegant and opulent. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The waiters were professional without being humorless. Over the years I've learned a bit about food but in this environment I leave it the the staff to suggest what to order and I sit back and enjoy their conception of dining. We had the fixed price lunch menu with the suggested wine pairing. I chose crab and cod courses followed by cheese and a raspberry dessert. If you've never been to a starred restaurant and always wondered what all the fuss was about then spend the money once and find out. Le Pre Catelan will not disappoint. Bon Appetit!

1  Thank GoneSailing222
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a summer lunch
We had the lunch menu
Overall I would say the meal was extremely good
A few small issues
- we waited a bit long without any attention to be seated
- the bread was underwhelming for a ***
- I was a bit disappointed by my dessert (the mignardises were awesome though)

But otherwise
- close to perfect table service : very attentive but not obsequious, not wasting time but not rushed either
-very reasonable prices, both for the menu (eur 130 for this quality is defo good value) and wine list (lots of choice in France)
- last but not least, succulent food. The starter of foie gras in 2 dishes was perfect. The turnip and foie gras soup was really tasty... And I usually hate turnip
- the ris d veau was perfectly cooked, super tasty and melting

Overall a wonderful lunch (we stayed more than 2 hours at the table and did not see the time fly by)
Very strongly recommend

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We had a full course meal, great service but I must say that I've had better food before. The desert was the best part of the entire meal. Coffee was extremely weak, looked more like black tea. It was a nice experience, something a bit special, but also a bit disappointing.
Prostitutes in the park as you are approaching the venue???