“Authenticity in Paris”

Le Repaire de Cartouche
Ranked #6,310 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authenticity in Paris”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

What a meal! First class products, inventive preparation respecting the French culinary traditions. Professional still unstuffy service by enthusiast, with a Parisian touch. Lots of locals that apparently know the place and a few foreigners like us. We felt like we were in the Paris of the locals, not a slick tourist trap.

We will return next time we come to Paris, for sure!

• Visited November 2012

paris
“Gets worse and worse”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've been here quite a number of times over several years. The food was usually good, the service barely tolerable. The last couple of times the food was bad -- undercooked fish for both me and another table --- and the service truly obnoxious. I got up to read the blackboard offerings and turned to go back to my table, the waiter was standing by the bar and said "Alors, Monsieur"? He was obviously not planning to even walk over to my table to take my order, he wanted me to come over to him. So I stopped and shouted my complete order to him from across the room. He got the message but naturally remained sullen thenceforth. And I'm supposed to pay money for this?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cairns T
Melbourne, Australia
“A little piece of histroy”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was a fabulous little place we spotted as we were staying just up the road. The best part of the old place is nestled into the back which front onto Rue Amelot. I prefered this older part of the restuarant as it held all the ambiance of its origins. The food was magnificent even if the wait staff a little detached. A true part of the Marais district.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michos65
York
“Lunchtime heaven”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Well worth seeking out this restaurant, especially if you are staying in the Marais. ( Incidentally the address given on this website is incorrect - the restaurant is on the Bvd Filles du Calvaire, just around the corner from rue Amelot). We had the formule lunch which was remarkable value - imaginative and delicious food. Service was friendly and unobtrusive - clientele apparently local and few, if any tourists. Gastronomic heaven on a rainy Paris day.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank YorkRAC
“A restaurant with potentiel but sadly overcharged. It looks like it has become a financial investment rather than a love for Foo”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We wnt there with friends. So the atmosphere was great because of that otherwise not personnality or atmosphere in the restaurant. The wine list is fabulous but the "somelier" was a joke as he never made it to our table to advise us "too busy" when the restaurant was half full !! And at 50 euros a bottle that is a shame.
The foi gras was perfect. The mains were good but not outstanding.The puddings were poor some combinations of taste a bit too adventurous and that didn't work. The guy who served our table was nice but the rest of the team rather cold. 220 euros for 4 and a place I would only go back to for a slice of foi gras and a nice glass of wine. It looks like the passion has gone from the chef and the owners?? The recent french reviews are not good so this to me suggests it's time for the mangement to talk and bring the passion back !

2 Thank ReturnOnExpectation