“Awesome experience”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I went here without a reservation. We were lucky that it was a Monday and we were able to get a table. The service and food were phenomenal. The portions are extremely generous and the prices are more than fair. We started with the charcuterie plate which was large enough to share. I had the sea bass and my husband had the beef bourguignon. The sea bass is served whole and the beef is served in a little pot. We finished with the creme brûlée. One of the best meals that we've ever had all for 70 euros!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bk812013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Emeryville, California
“Nice food from sud west”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

A nice place, not the usual French bistrot.
Typical food from the south west part of the country.
Try the rabbit and the riz au lait.

3 Thank mg2708
Canada
“Best restaurant I've been to in Paris for quality, price and service.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

And we've eaten at over 100 restaurants in Paris through the years.
This one combines charm, great service (thank you Kamila and Olga), interesting history and, above all, great food. That scene in the movie Ratatouille, where the chef takes a bite and is transported to his childhood.....that's this.
Don't let the sports bar look of this place fool you. We walked in early and it was empty. Thought we'd been given a bum steer by our hotel. By the time we left, there were line ups at the door.
Six of six of us had great meals but I think the beef bourguignon was the first star. The gravy from that on their mashed potatoes will send you to heaven. Kudos to the guys cooking in the kitchen. You've nailed it.

• Visited September 2013
7 Thank Parisites
Bend, Oregon
“Great food and great value in Paris”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We at at Le Volant in the 15th arr a couple of years ago and I recalled it having been good, so we went back today for lunch. It was even better than I remembered. I had the classic beef bourginon, one of their specialities, and my wife had a whole grilled sea bass. These were served with polenta, rice and mashed potatoes. Both meals and the veggies were superb and more than we could eat. All of this with entrees before the plats and wine came to just 58 euro for the two of us. Can;t say enough good things about this place.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank rfp36
Adelaide
“Great French meal”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Spurred on by excellent TA reviews we headed to this restaurant in Paris. We were not disappointed. The waitress was extremely friendly and the restaurant while only small had a great vibe. There were a number of locals drinking at the front bar which was a good sign. I had rabbit and my wife Beef Bourguignon. Both dishes were sensational, large serves along with a trio of side plates. Followed with a Tapas of deserts, very tasty. Our best meal in France.

• Visited September 2013