“HIDDEN DIAMOND GEM IN PARIS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Monsieur Lapin - CLOSED

Monsieur Lapin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
London, United Kingdom
“HIDDEN DIAMOND GEM IN PARIS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This restaurant newly opened in Rue Moliere is simply sensational!! Gently priced with mouth watering food prepared with love and attention. I had fabulous white asparagus cooked to perfection and the best fillet steak in Paris followed by a delicious chocolate ice cream and fresh Sacha torte chocolate cake. The service was outstanding. I cannot praise this restaurant enough!! AT 50 EUROS PER HEAD DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT IF YOU ARE VISITING PARIS!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michael C

“Special place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I used to walk past this place on my way to Institut Pasteur. Finally one night in 2007 I went there for dinner with a good friend. It was one of the best meals I have had and the service was great. A really special place. the kind of hidden gem you only find in Paris. Now I learn M Lapin has closed. So sad. But I understand the owner, Franck Énée has opened a new place in the 1st:

" Restaurant Franck Énée " 17 Rue Molière 75001
Téléphone: 01 42 96 22 19

I'll be there on my next trip to Paris!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mnrobertson
tapit
“Alas, for Monsieur Lapin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

What a wonderful restaurant.
Definitely the best-presented food of our entire trip, unusual dishes (I had the rabbit tagine) and the service was quite good.
But alas! We were there on their last night. The waiter told us they were closing and would open a new restaurant sometime, but Lapin lives no more.

• Visited June 2011
6 Thank Patti C
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb food and good value, with very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I arrived without a reservation and was politely given what seems to have turned out to be the last table that was free. I seem to have gotten special attention since Iwas eating alone. The house specialty, rabbit pie, is outstanding. It has nothing to do with what Americans and British usually think of as a meat pie. If one takes the "menu," the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food, its presentation, and the service.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank traveltime26
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, expensive wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

This is a beautifully presented, small and quite formal restaurant specialising usurprisingly in many manifestations of Rabbit. The place was full on our visit so maybe worth booking a day or two ahead. We were pretty casually dressed but other diners were more dressed up. The service is very attentive.

The set menu at £32 is good value, both my starter of a an oyster and aubergine combination and particulary my main of Rabbit in a Cider based sauce were dellcious.

Others around the table were equally impressed with other rabbit dishes.

There is an impressive cheese board for a supplement although oddly we were not offered any choice with a different selection of cheeses being pre selcted by the waiter for those of us having the cheese.

The downside of the place is the cost of the wine with very few wines being less than the cost of the set menu and most consderably more. With the various add ons, water, wine, coffe etc, expect to pay at least double the set menu cost.

Stil if you are staying in the neighberhood then the food is very good and worth a visit.

1 Thank Slynomadstill