“Mixed feeling”
Review of Ravi

Ravi
Reserve with
Ravi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,398 of 18,353 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We accidently came across this restaurant after visting Musée d'Orsay. It is very near from the museum. This is a very small restaurant with hardly 7-8 tables which are very close to eachother. Interior is bit overdone.
We noticed that we received a small paper menu while few others were getting a regular menu card. When asked the answer was the regular menu is in french. May be it is true, I didn't check. But this gut took it for granted that we don't understand french.
Food was nice.specially chicken tikka masala. Quite fast service & attentive waiter. Bit expensive though.
So, tastewise we liked it. But we felt the service was not consistent to all the customers. I am sure there are better options.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed in Europe for over three weeks, and I can safely say that this was the worst restaurant experience that we have ever had in any of our travels. We had two specific cases where we got treated absolutely terrible and I hope that no other traveller has to feel like this again.

First instance, when we arrived, there were a number of people already ordering food. Being a restaurant, they had proper menus however, when we sat down, we immediately were handed small paper menus that you would see at small take-away shops. When questioned, their answer was that it was the 'lunch menu'. However, as people started coming in, they were handed proper menus. Not to mention that this was at 8pm at night.

Secondly, we realised after a while that every patron that was coming in was being given a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Expecting one as well, we were once again shunned when we didn't receive anything at all. When questioned, they responded saying that we would have to pay to receive one - not the same as everybody else.

I have been too many restaurants around the world and have never been treated as poorly as I was at Ravi. The food, when delivered was tasteless and unappetising. Certainly not worth the amount of money (very expensive) that we paid for. I'm sure that you will be able to find better restaurants in the great city of Paris, so please don't waste your time going to this one.

1  Thank H4ck3r
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a long and tiring day we were looking for a good restaurant with Indian Cusine, I saw this being rated good on Tripadvisor and came in this restaurant, it was in a very quiet street, a place i am not too comfortable going late at Night. The place was darker than what i would have liked, it was too small and too dark and too stuffy, i always have this problem with Indian restaurant where in order to look Ethnic they stuff in lot of wall hangings, Vases, Idols. I always like when it is nicely lit up and less clutter. The Prices were okay, the indian food is pricey anyway in Paris. The portions were very good and the curries were well cooked, however what dissapointed me was the Naan(Indian Bread), it was chewy and not cooked properly a bit uncooked, there was just another couple with us and all of the restaurant was empty, meanwhile i saw atleast 4 people ordering Take Aways. There was another customers who went out of restaurant because they were not attended to. However the Service was very good and fast and we hardly had to wait for our food. As mentioned in my review the place is a bit far from Metro and so good deal of walking which you dont want to do in a deserted street in Night when in paris. I dont think i will like to go there again but still curries were good and the service was fast.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

A small Indian restaurant in Paris. Food is good and yummy, very authentic. Papadam and tandoori chicken are must try dishes. Waiters are nice and very attentive. Interior decoration is also very Indian feel.

1  Thank piaHongKong
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We went to ravis after seeing the review comments. We ordered chicken, lamb n naans. The naans were superb. But the actual curry dishes were just about average . I wasn't very impressed at all. For the price especially it was definitely just average. The seating area is very dark n very cramped. The manager is very polite n very attentive n does speak good English. The food and atmosphere were however disappointing especially after reading some of the reviews.