“Best meal we had in Paris!”
Review of Saudade

Saudade
Reserve with
Saudade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,363 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Les Halles
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Great Portuguese food (which we know well), including the bife and Bacalhau. great wine list, including good values. Fantastic service from this family restaurant! Authentic, charming and friendly!

There are newer reviews for Saudade

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant with great good. It was a great break from French food. Real authentic portuguese cuisine and excellent wine list.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great Portuguese food! Went here three times, once with friends, once as a couple and once with the family, one of them with gluten allergy: we were always served great food and all ingredients of the different freshly prepared dishes were explained in detail for the one with gluten allergy (although the restaurant was full they took all the time to explain everything up to the smallest detail). Almost all dishes were without gluten. Great service and food!

1  Thank Freezy2020
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I are both of Portuguese descent and after trying multiple French restaurants while visiting Paris, we decided to try Portuguese food in a foreign country. It ended up being the best choice!

The food at this restaurant was nothing short of amazing. Of all Portuguese restaurants I have been to, I must say that the food here was the freshest and tastiest I have ever had (says a lot as my father is a chef!). We had the broiled codfish (Bacalhau Assado) and it was fresh and absolutely delicious. After about 20 minutes of our meal the restaurant began to really fill with locals by the time we were done with our entree, the house was packed with a line outside the door (that should tell you something).

I would definitely recommend visiting this restaurant and the next time I am in Paris I will surely go eat there again!

2  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I ate here with two business colleagues on a Monday night. Place wasn't too busy and service was pretty good although we did have to get up and walk to the door to pay. The food was excellent and so was the wine which was also a reasonable price. Nice mix of business people and families there so a recommendation for all.

1  Thank Martin H