“Delicious and romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Spicy - CLOSED

Villa Spicy
Price range: US$33 - US$65
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Beachwood, Ohio
“Delicious and romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We wandered upon this beautiful restaurant after a tour of the area and could not have enjoyed it more. There was a 2 course prix fixe menu that seemed a good value compared to other restaurants we have gone to here. After a very friendly welcome, we were seated in the beautifully decorated dining room with a very good server. She didn't know English and we don't speak French, but we worked it out without a problem--she was an excellent waitress. I ordered the prawn appetizer, which contrary to other reviews, I found delicious. It had a definite flavor of cilantro, which I love, but others might not like. I also had the cod/fennel entree, and my husband had the tomato/mozzarella appetizer and the shrimp entree and all were very good. We would return without hesitation to this restaurant.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Madrid, Spain
“Very mediocre restaurant worth skipping.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Taken here for a business dinner and will certainly never repeat. The appetizer was bad (satay shrimp), the main course, a spicey beef concoction, not much better. The only good portion of the meal was the creme brulee for dessert, which was surprisingly tasty. The rest of the meal, hopefully forgettable.

• Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“Outstanding Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Reserved prior to arrival in Paris based upon reviews we read. They did not disappoint. Service, food, atmosphere were all first rate yet reasonably priced for Paris, or any major city for that matter. Patrick, the manager, was most attentive to us from start to finish, and our waitress could not have been better. English no problem either. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Unique menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good decor as well as great food. Accommodating staff with good English. Ordered the fennel salad with steamed salmon. The salad alone would be enough to bring me back.

Visited June 2014
London
“One of the worst meals I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stumbled across this restaurant in Paris and it was busy and nicely decorated, so I sat down and ordered dinner. Wow - what an absolute disgrace of a meal. As a starter I ordered the prawns marinated with satay and salad of green papaya. There was only the tiniest bit of sauce on he prawns and it certainly didn't taste of satay. The papaya seemed to be fennel. For my main I ordered the marinated beef with Thai basil. There was certainly no Thai basil. There was a small dish of sauce that tasted of nothing, and it was just a thin steak sitting on a bed of overcooked peppers and onions with a bit of mash. For dessert I had the brioche with ice cream and caramel sauce. Now I love salted caramel, but this was so heavy on the salt and the brioche was burnt. When I left most of it, for the first time I was approached by the staff (they didn't pour any of my wine, they didn't ask how any of the earlier courses were), and they asked if I enjoyed it. When I pointed out the burnt brioche, they gave me a new one. The staff didn't seem rude, just over stretched so the complaints are just about the absolutely disgusting food, and the price tag attached to it. Avoid!

• Visited April 2014