“Flashy and snobbish”

Ranked #51 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$116 - US$258
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Prague, Czech Republic
“Flashy and snobbish”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Paris. Really perfect service ,maybe 50 or 100 waitress around you.
First one for the left hand, second for the right hand, third for napkin, fourth acccompanies you to WC and so on. Very good meal, but not excellent. Really fantastic choice of wines.
And on end you have to pay these 50 waitress

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bohdan K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
columbia
“Enjoy great food; see French power-brokers lunch! Review compares Taillevent lunch to other fine Paris lunches”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here today. Everything was wonderful; we were seated in a wood paneled room that felt very felt very clubby and masculine. As a previous reviewer noted, there were very few women in the room-a few couples, but the lunch clientele seemed to be French movers and shakers doing a business lunch. The wait staff is very formal and polite. The food was excellent; I would say a bit on the heavy side--I had boeuf tartare as an appetizer, roast duck with apricots as a main course(the best part of the meal) and a raspberry dessert. My husband had an appetizer of fried prawn(delicious- I had a bite) the squid with squid ink risotto(enormous portion), and the chocolate dessert. The meal also came with some amuse-bouches-cheese soufflé-like puffs and a cold soup with jellied cucumber and gazpacho. After the main course there was a portion of a Roquefort cheese cream and a prune stuffed with a prune cream. That was WAY too rich for me! We try eat at a nice restaurant for lunch on each time we vacation in Paris, so far have been to four others and compare them here to Taillevent:

Guy Savoy: More couples and less business people for lunch, somehow modern and playful. The famous food here is the artichoke and black truffle soup--wish they had it to go! Food is light and inventive. Wait staff also seems more lighthearted.

Jules Verne: The food here is very good, but perhaps not as good as the rest of the restaurants in this review. But hey, you are eating INSIDE THE EIFFEL TOWER!!! The view and novelty here are as important as the food. Wait staff very charming. As you can imagine, more tourists here.

Tour De Argent: Great view of the Seine and Notre Dame-probably better view in winter when the trees shed their leaves-we went in summer. There is a definite air of history in this place--very old and majestic. The duck is the thing here--if you order it, you are given a postcard that tells you the number of the duck you are served--kind of like if Mc Donald's gave you a card for the 10 millionth hamburger served. I can't remember our duck's number, but it was a million something. Waiter realized we were clumsy Americans that could not speak much French and was kind to us. Mix of couples, tourists, and business people.

Le Cinq

This is a jewel box of a place--the flower arrangements are gorgeous and hands down this was the most beautiful dining room in Paris that I have seen so far. Most people may not be impressed by this but I liked the fact my purse rated a little hassock of its own to rest upon during the meal. Also, a waiter spilled a drop of red wine on the tablecloth and the wait staff put a little cloth doily over it so it would not mar the snowy white table linen. Food was wonderful- I still remember a sheep's milk ice cream that I could have eaten a pint of as part of the lunch! More tourists and couples here.

Hope this is helpful if you want to eat a nice lunch in Paris and can't decide where to go.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank ladyozarks
Sacramento, California
“It Started with corkage”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

5 of us traveling from Bordeaux and Burgundy had accumulated a few bottles of wine that had to be drank before our departure to the States, so we brought a couple of large formats, one white and one red to enjoy with our meal here. We inquired with our server (that's what i'll call him since a waiter would not have been so rude) 100 euros per bottle, that's about $150.00, but it would cost us more than triple that if we had ordered from the wine list, so we cracked them open. The mood really became unusual, food started coming so quickly, i hadn't put my fork down from the first dish and the second dish appeared and then the third, WHOOOA i said SLOW DOWN, i guess this really p...ed the server off and shortly we were greated by gentleman who helped through the rest of our meal. He was great, can't remember his name but I gave him a little walking around money for his attention. I didn't really get to enjoy the food as I would have liked having to rush through the first three items, but everyone seemed to enjoy the uniqueness, the appearance and flavors. If I return, probably not, I would have a line up of wait staff (remember what he looks like, not his name) and request not to be placed with the "server".

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank WOWDADDYINSAC
London, United Kingdom
“lovely lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went here as a solo diner .. i regularly dine alone but did feel slightly "exposed" here ..
The welcome was without doubt the most specia i have every received so i felt in a good place right from the off ..I was met at my taxi .. then someone else took my coat and another person again brought me to my table.
I chose the lunch menu with wines included ... most of the other diners were French and in fact they all seemed like business meetings .. in fact there were about 3 women in the room .. but it was a full house and a great atmosphere .. for lunch we were in a wooden room just off the main dining room so it had a bit of a bistrot atmosphere ( very pleasant ) ... so am not sure if they every use the main dining room at lunch ( which was a little more austere but beautiful )

The food was "fine" ..not a huge amount of it .. the wines were superb and generous ...

I would go back yes but only if i was in the area and was not in the humour for the full fine dining experience ... I would also like to try for dinner sometime ..
The staff were just so nice to me and gave me a book on restaurants in France to read which gave me somewhere to put my eyes between courses ..

Visited September 2013
2 Thank susanne24
Los Angeles, California
“Meal of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Dining at Taillevent was pure joy and one of the highlights of our honeymoon. The ambiance, service and food are near perfection. This is one of the finest restaurants in the world, and I highly recommend it. Visited June 2012.

• Visited August 2013