“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Le Wepler

Le Wepler
Ranked #3,196 of 18,356 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hade some lovely seafood and a platter of sea bass. We got served very quickly and the presentation and the food was very good.

Great atmosphere, especially since this was our first night in Paris. Lovely French brasserie/cafe. The waiters are not to friendly (could smile a little bit more) but of course, very proffesional.

Paid about €120 for a platter of seafood, a bottle of wine and two platters of outstanding cheese. Definatley worth the price if you would like to avoid the hamburgers across the street.

Would visit again :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had breakfast here. For €9,50 per person you expect something. But we were disappointed. Terrible service, terrible waiter. I think he was insulted that we chose to spend our money there.

Between the two of us, we got: one croissant, one pain au chocolat, a tiny bit of marmalade, 2 coffees and half (!) a glass of orange juice each. That's it. Not nearly enough to start a day in Paris.

I've seen other places in Paris with way cheaper breakfasts, where you get way more, and better food. And probably a smile as well. Don't give these people your money.

2  Thank Kris_Peeters
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'll preface this by saying that I should have known this was a tourist Resturant ...... But we all make mistakes.

I don't really have anything pleasant to say about this Resturant or my experience. The food was less than average (even the bread by paris standards was tasteless)

I don't really understand what value a Resturant owner sees in wait staff who are rude especially when they rely on the tourist dollar to stay afloat because trust me I doubt this place would exist without them, I guess it's the thought that there will always be another tourist who has no idea how bad this dining experience could be.

I won't bore you with the details of how bad this place is -suffice to say don't be fooled by the white table cothes or the fancy dressed waiters.

Seriously you'd get a better meal at Mc'Donalds across the road and that in itself says enough.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just back from a week in Paris. Visited Wepler without pre booking as we were looking for dinner near our hotel. I do not agree that this is a tourist restaurant. On both occasions we visited (we went back a second time as we were so impressed), the restaurant was full of French customers. Although the restaurant was very busy the staff made us very welcome and were able to accommodate us. I can speak a little French (badly) and we were given the option of an English version of the menu without feeling patronised.
They do specialise in seafood but we chose other options so unable to comment on that, but it seemed to be a popular with the locals! Our food was excellent as was the service. The staff are very professional and it is a pity that this standard is not the norm in the UK.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We went here for lunch as it looked better than the other surrounding restaurants. It is very much a tourist restaurant - the food was okay and the service was quite abrupt. However, saying that, if you're in this location and you're hungry, this is okay for a quick bite.