“Fantastic apartment.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Kelli W
“Fantastic apartment. ”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We had the apartment for a month. The location is super easy to commute to all over Paris. We had a Navigo pass and would use either the 4 or the 12 metro. The stairs were no problem, as it allowed us to eat as many patisseries as we wanted. We were between 4 great bakeries and 3 supermarkets. However just a quick walk to Jules joffrin and the fromagerie, butcher, Seåfood, florist. We made use of the great facilities in the apartment. It has an oven, dishwasher, good size fridge, washer/ dryer. We mostly ate a simple meal at night after a day spent exploring. But you could have prepared a banquet. I loved the teapot but it had a coffee machine as well. Herve who met us and showed us around the apartment was lovely. Full of information and tips to help your stay. We initially had a stuff up on arrival as we somehow walking into the wrong building. Just remember the door is between the Chinese restaurant and the corner bar/Café. It’s very secure and I felt secure that no one would wander into our building. The apartments door is a wonder to behold being more like a bank vaults door, amazing. The apartment was very clean and tidy. It was perfect for a family of four, two teenagers and mum and dad. The verandeh/ balcony’s was a great place to retreat and watch the world go by. Paris is a busy city and it never stops. I’m a light sleeper and there was noise at night but it was manageable. It’s wonderful to hear the bells ringing from churches. Just take an eye shade and earplugs. Personally I loved listening to the odd drunk singing in French. The main bedroom was charming, it’s lights twinkled. It had ample storage shelves and hanging space. The bathroom had a hair dryer which was great. The bath/ hand held shower was great, it was hot with great pressure. The thick shower curtain meant that you had privacy if others needed to brush teeth. The separate toilet was a godsend for our family. It was a cold outside but we were always warm and cosy inside. The little features made it quirky. Sacre Coeur was very close and a favourite place to go to in years evening. I loved walking the streets from abbesses( on the 12 line) to the lookout. But nothing was nicer than eating fresh croissants or pane chocolate with a cup of tea in the mornings, whilst watching the world go by.

nndawood1...
Calgary, Canada
“Great affordable apartment close to metro.”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This Apartment was very good. Steps from metro which is so easy to navigate through to go anywhere. Apartment had everything you would need. Beds very comfortable. My 15 & 16 year old sons said pullout was most comfortable pullout they have ever slept in. No issues at all for us with smoke smell in unit or from neighbours as stated in other reviews. The only negative for me could be the 5 flights of circular stairs to climb with luggage - but it is also a work out Positive.

Alcallewi...
“Great time in Paris!”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We enjoyed the apartment. It was a little hard to find at first but turns out it was right by the metro. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed. The bed and the pull out couch were adequate for us. Nobody bothered us when walking in the neighborhood and we felt safe in the apartment.The steps were a challenge at times but after eating at the many patisseries and restaurants it was beneficial. The downside to the apartment was the smoke from the neighbors and the neighborhood night noises but these were minor issues for us. Thank you to Herve for meeting us and calling a taxi for us.

Dee A
Dallas, Texas
“Ok place to stay but very smokey.”
Reviewed 26 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband, two daughters and I stayed here Nov. 22nd - 25th 2016. We did not meet Muriel but she had Herve and his friend meet us. The two gentlemen were very nice. The apartment is as shown. It is comfortable for a family of four and the washer/dryer was wonderful! The beds were comfy and we had extra blankets. Muriel was kind enough to leave some water and orange juice for us and that was greatly appreciated. The heat worked well and we had hot water (rather than lukewarm in other apartments we've stayed in).

We had some confusion at first. Some how we had the wrong address and we went to the wrong apartment. We called Muriel and got voice mail and no return call. We called Herve and he thought he was meeting us at 5:00 even though we had written saying we landed at 11:30. Muriel confirmed our arrival time before we ever left Dallas. We had to pay for a second cab to take us to the right apartment and we lost about 2 hours in the transfer and waiting for Herve.

I wasn't in love with the neighborhood, I wasn't comfortable at night with my two girls unless my husband was with me. However, we never had any bad encounters. I just saw a few prostitutes and would have preferred not to have seen that. The area is very loud at night. There was the regular city noise of traffic, sirens, and motorcycles but also lots of yelling from the drunks.

One of the reasons I chose this apartment was because it says smoking is NOT allowed. I hate cigarette smoke. My daughter and I both have allergies to it. Muriel said it was a non-smoking apartment however, the neighbors smoke like chimneys. I realize this is no fault of Muriel's - she cannot control her neighbors. Unfortunately, the apartment smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke. The toilet area was the worse; like an ash tray. The neighbor's smoke caused the whole apartment to smell like someone was smoking inside. We were able to open the windows to air it out but with the constant flow of cigarette smoke coming from the toilet area the smell was always there. We would close the door to the toilet area but this did not help much. However, if we had to actually use the toilet we ended up smelling like we had been to a bar. Some nights my daughter and I could not sleep because of the smoke smell. I would wake up unable to breathe and she sneezed constantly.

The deposit was given back to us when we left as promised. However, getting the Euros back as we are headed to the airport was a major inconvenience. I am now back in Dallas with about $500 worth of Euros. I found out once we were there that some booking sights will let you leave the deposit on a credit card and it will be refunded to that credit card. That would have been the better option. The Euro being stronger than the dollar means that I lost money on that one.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: washer/dryer, it was clean, it had enough room
Liked least: cigarette smoke
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Apr 2017
Je suis désolée pour l'odeur de fumée qui passait par les conduits. Nous les avons bouchés. Vous n'aurez plus se désagrément indépendant de ma volonté.
Clare H
“Feel like a Parisian!”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Our first family trip abroad needed to be special and it was! This quirky apartment was ideally located close to the Metro and wonderfully equipped (washing machine, dishwasher, microwave....two coffee machines). The comfy beds gave us a good night's sleep in this very busy quarter. I really enjoyed people-watching from the balcony - the Friday night quarrels of local residents on the street below were particularly entertaining!

We were not asked for a deposit in any previous communications, so came unprepared to pay the €350 asked for by the charming gentleman that greeted us at the apartment (he remained gracious and helpful even though we arrived a little later than planned). He shrugged in a typicaly Parisian style and agreed that at least he wouldn't have to get up early to give us the deposit back when we left.

The 24 hr patisserie across the road fuelled the climb of the steps up to the apartment as well as the steps up to the dome of the Sacre Coeur. What a glorious view from both!

Lindy G
Brooklyn, New York
“Typical Parisian apartment for real living!”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed 9 days in this wonderful place, and got so attached to the views over the roofs and chimneys of Paris that it became part of our 'home-feel'. The bedroom was so well designed, with lost of space for clothes and books, and the decoration throughout the apartment was tasteful and exactly as in the pictures. I even got a kick out of walking all those stairs, and it showed that after 9 days up and down, you built up your stamina if Paris did not do that beforehand! On that note, the long bath was just what was needed to give the feet some extra relaxation. Hervé was on time at our early departure to give me back the deposit, and also ordered us a taxi to Charles de Gaulle Airport. I could not have wished for a better place to stay in Paris and have added this apartment to the top-five of our list of places to stay.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: The television
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
marie c
“Super Montmatre apartment, well connected with Paris Metro”
Reviewed 11 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Apartment was well equipped from the milk and juice in the fridge, to the balcony table and chairs. Talking of the balcony....one could spend a lot of time there watching the world go by. The apartment is on the 5th floor but we knew about the stairs when we booked. There was a good TV and dvd system to keep kids entertained. The apartment does get very hot in high summer and I took a small fan in preparation for this. I'm glad I did, otherwise my two boys (9 and 6) would not been able to sleep. I have left the fan behind for other guests to make use of. The apartment is on a very busy junction and the noise from the street could distract you from sleeping if you have the patio doors open....bring earplugs in preparation. We got used to the noise. The apartment was a comfortable size for two adults and our two kids. The area is well served by metro, cafes, pastry shops, grocers. The apartment is only a 15min walk up to the Sacre Coure, a must especially to see the sunset over Paris. Would book again here. Thanks you Muriel and Herve.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony and kitchen
Liked least: Stairs
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing