“Pretty standard.”
Review of Hotel Luxia

Hotel Luxia
Ranked #1,594 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel in general was ok. The staff was nice. My room was good had no problems there. One off the major thing to watch out for os the area where the hotel is located it's a dangerous are a high chance that you will get pickpocket. Food was standard no issue there.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Edgar A

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Having looked online at virtually every hotel in Paris & been shocked by the high prices, the Hotel Luxia seemed too good to be true! Granted, the room was a bit tatty, well overdue for decorating and could have done with a good hoover, but the bathroom was clean and the sheets obviously fresh.

We'd phoned ahead to ask if our 2 year old and 6 month old daughters could stay in the room with us. When we arrived, the receptionist was a bit abrupt & said he knew nothing about it & our room wasn't ready. By the time we returned though, he was full of smiles for the girls & had even put a camp bed in the room for our toddler.

Breakfast was basic but tasty and plentiful and for 60 euros a night this hotel ticked all the boxes! If you want luxury, it's not for you, but for a cheap room to lay your head at night, close to Sacre Coeur, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sophia281010
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel is pretty good for the category, 2 **, but be ready that it has super soft and uncomfortable beds and it doesn't have doors in the shower and everything there is super old and basically falling apart. The location is good as it's just a few steps from Sacre Coeur and close to all the bars and clubs. What is totally unacceptable though is the behaviour of the night receptionist! I did not get his name but he was about 50 yrs old, well built and I think of Arab origin. We were meeting a friend from Paris one evening and asked if he could wait for us in our room while we were getting ready to go out. He said ok but just for 5 minutes and was already being very rude. When we came back at home, our friends walked us back to the hotel and when we rang to get in the receptionist started shouting at us that it's a hotel and not a brothel and he was really mean and arrogant. I went upstairs first as I needed to use the toilet and while my friend was saying goodbye to our friend and then wanted to get back to our room, the receptionist would not let her in and locked the door. He even told her she was a prostitute (actually he used the worst version of this word)! I mean: where are we? My friend had to go to the other side of Paris and sleep on the couch at our friends house as we were too tired for arguing. The day receptionists were not the kindest people on earth but nothing compared to this moron. I was shocked!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank jitkajnr
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The hotel was totally ok for the money paid, breakfast is good, rooms are a bit old but quite clean and warm. Be sure to bring along proof of deposit paid on-line, since the owner tried to charge me full price of the room even though I've paid 10% deposit on-line. Other than that, I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 35 (third floor) has a nice view on the ally, plasma TV, all rooms have their own bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samodjole
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Great location, in the heart of Montmatre, a 3 minute walk from metro Anvers and 1 minute from the stairs to Sacre Coeur. Friendly staff and clean rooms. No hair dryer and no shampoo offered in the bathroom. Working elevator. Nice view and even terrace in the 6th floor rooms facing the street (which itself is not too noisy). The only real problem was the rooms are very noisy. Very thin walls allow you to hear water pipes, the elevator engine and the neighbours (we were specially unlucky having a gang of British young girls who partied like animals 3 nights in a row right on the room next to us). For the price the place is worth it, but refrain if you have a very light sleep, or take with you your ear plugs. Also, considering the expensive, bad and unfriendly breakfast in all bars and caffes in the Montmaitre area, you might want to consider taking the hotel one (only problem is it finishes at 9:30...).

Room Tip: Rooms in 6th fllor facing the street (Rue Sevestre) have terraces and a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012

cheapest thing is just a bit more welcome and friendly ! Its so hard to deliver ?? Our welcome was unfriendly, rooms not clean and we felt we "disturb" when staying with some younger people. I see now in many reviews the same problem. They should really improve... Area is nice to stay... we come once more to Paris but in this hotel, we dont think so.
Please give "yes" was helpfull - thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank sofietravel
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Paris but not really my stay at Hotel Luxia , the staff were rude and there was only one plug in our room , great location next to the Sacre Coer and near the seine and eiffel , I loved the sight and I also had an alright room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends