“A good late night eatery”
Review of Chez Prosper

Chez Prosper
Ranked #2,132 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bercy / Nation
Brecon, United Kingdom
“A good late night eatery”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We arrived at our hotel about a mile away at just after 9pm. We walked to prosper and (eventually) found it, the Nation area is a huge double roundabout, finding your way there and back was confusing at first. The food was fairly basic but given that we arrived around 10.00 we were glad to be eating at all. We left at 11.30 and they were still delivering meals to tables even then. I had a steak and chips (the steak was not the best I have evert had but was edible and quite moist), my wife had tandoori chicken which she enjoyed. the bill including a reasonable number of drinks was around €65, very fairly priced, which is why it was probably very full.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
City of Venice, Italy
“When in Paris...”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This a typical Parisian restaurant, no thrills, good service, very nice ambiance. They serve all the meat you need to eat (vegans better abstain!): boeuf bourguignon, bavette, pork, cannard, you name it. Excellent price/quality relationship. It is difficult nowadays to pay less than 25€ pp with wine for a dinner in Paris.
Located on an avenue, wider than long, that was formerly part of the Place du Trone and became Place de la Nation after the French Revolution.

• Visited May 2014
Bussum, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My hotel receptionist recommended Chez Prosper. I went there with my daughter and found all tables occupied. The place was really bustling. We only had to wait a few minutes. We had the boeuf bourguignon and risotto which were both ok, but I have had better ones.The staff were friendly, but our waiter wasn't available when we wanted to pay (taking a break outside?) I would go again for the atmosphere and the prices.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Eat Anytime”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Having arrived in Paris from Montreal, we were hungry before customary dinner hours. Our hotel advised us that we could eat there which we did. Busy, friendly, efficient and huge portions, good value.

Visited April 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fantastic French cuisine”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Classic brasserie right by Nation with amazing food. Great meat and very well cooked, good selection of affordable wines, fresh ingredients, good sauces... I went several times and I enjoyed everything I ordered. Be sure to try one of their salads: WOW!
The staff is usuall pretty busy, so you have to make them notice you if you want something.

• Visited April 2014