“A convenient place to stay at”

Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vincennes
Ranked #1,290 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Dunakeszi, Hungary
“A convenient place to stay at”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We've just visited this hotel as couple, and we were overall satisfied.
We stayed there for a week.
It was clean, not noisy, the staff was kind and helpful, and it is close to the metro (Saint-Mande). As this station is on line 1, you can get in 20 minutes to the downton and take off at Louvre or
at Champs-Elysées, for example.
We came to see the concert of Mylene Farmer and to explore the city,
so it was a convenient place to stay at, not too far away from the Bercy stadium.
There are also a few cafés, a bakery and a supermarket (Franprix) nearby.
We were able to use WI-FI.
I'd visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was quite all right.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is basically well-furnished and offers best value for budget travellers, but I was surprised that my room does not have an air-conditioner which may be a big turn off when you visit in summer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Have stayed in many IBIS hotels around the world but this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, noisy, unfriendly I could go on and on. Per-paid for a 2 night stay with a family of four after a stay at Disneyland Paris and what a come down. We were up to 3am the first night as the guests next door were having a party and shouting and screaming. Went down stairs to complain but no one was on reception. At 5 in the morning someone tried to get into our room. With two small children this is very scary for them. We packed up and left the hotel at 6am (no one on reception) and did not return for a second night. To compound things I have now been trying for 2 weeks to get a refund from IBIS but they keep trying to give me points on a loyalty card I will never use. They also sent me an email not intended for my eyes stating offer a simple excuse and no compensation!!! I will avoid IBIS like the plague in the future and suggest you pay a little extra for your stay in Paris

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We wanted to visit EuroDisney and Paris so we chose this hotel because it is somewhat in the middle of both. It is about 10 minute walk from Saint Mande metro ( line 1). To get to the RER, you only need to go one stop over to Nation. The check-in process was simple. We reserved a 3-person room with a double bed and a bunk bed. The room was small. I stayed there with young children so the space wasn't a problem for us but I imagine it is claustrophobic for 3 adults. The room was clean but even though the room was for 3 people, there were only two towels. I have read this in previous reviews so we brought our own towels and toiletries. There were no bathmat provided so we used one of the towels on the floor since the bathroom door doesn't contain the water very well. I really like the lighted shower head. My kids thought it was the coolest thing. The water pressure was great too. The beds and pillows weren't the most comfortable. I stayed on the top bunk and it was a simple foam mattress. Noise insulation was great. Even though our window faced the street, we didn't hear anything during our 4-day stay.
We liked the location, too. It is close to the metro and a few big streets where you can find grocery stores, bakeries, and restaurants. If you have young children, there is also a playground across the street. The hotel is also near a bus stop for bus #351 that can take you directly to CDG airport. Be careful when you rad the schedule because the route is different during the weekend. We walked about 10 min to Porte de Vincennes bus stop and there was a bus every half hour to the airport. It was a great option for us because with small children and luggages, we couldn't handle the stairs to go to the metro/rer. It took us about 1 hr and 15 min on a quiet Sunday afternoon.
Overall, it was a great value for the price. It was perfect for our vacation in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cellydaniel
Mirano, Italy
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel over the July holiday weekend and so it was very busy. Arriving at Beauvais airport, we took the shuttle bus to Porte Maillot and then got métro line 1 (that goes right across Paris, covering many of the important sights) directly to the stop Saint Mandé. From here it took just five minutes to walk to the hotel. On the way we passed restaurants, shops, a chemist and a good supermarket. The hotel was what I expected - a chain hotel, simple, modern and with easy access to local transport. Other reviews have already described the rooms, which I think are all similar, and the only real problem was the room temperature. We had two rooms - one was almost cold, with air-conditioning working non-stop and the other was far too hot with no air-conditioning working at all! We did mention this at reception but nothing happened. From what I've read there seems to be a regular problem with room temperatures but we were there to visit Paris and so only slept in the rooms.
We paid extra to have breakfast in the hotel and, although a simple breakfast, it was filling and good value for Paris as drinks and breakfast out in cafés are very expensive.
I often review hotels and believe in judging them for what they are and for their particular category. We paid just under 50 Euros a night for a twin room with breakfast and I think it was very good value for what it was - somewhere clean/modern to sleep, breakfast to start the day, easy access to transport and on a very good line. If you want more than that, then you pay for it and stay elsewhere.
The only really negative comment I have to make is that the entrance hall wasn't always kept as clean and tidy as it should have been (in particular the bathrooms there) and I did point this out to the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends