“Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vincennes”

Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vincennes
Ranked #1,308 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Ibis hotels and this one doesn't disappoint.

When travelling around Europe I find this brand provides exactly what I need for a reasonable fee with no fuss.

Ok the rooms are sparse an basic - I know what I'm getting though which means a lot to me.

The TV in the room has around 60 stations (only 1 in English). I had a built in shower unit as in all ibis budget properties and a small lavatory 'cupboard'

1 small point, I booked a twin for myself and my travelling buddy and we were presented with a family room. We could have questioned this but honestly, I didn't feel the need. I took the bunk which by the way was very comfortable and my buddy had the double.

The room did not have air-con. At around 40 euros a night between two! I did not expect air con..

I imagine it may however get a little cold in there though... As we could not find any heating either.... One point to remember if you book during winter.

Breakfast:

Perfectly adequate. A small clean breakfast room offering the usual Ibis self service. There is a choice of breads, croissants, cereal, yoghurts. Tea/Coffee and fruit juices.

I have to say it was better in Ibis Budget Berlin AlexanderPlatz. There were no meats here in Paris, no fresh fruit and only one cheese in a small packet.

Breakfast is €5.95
I think this is an absolute bargain for what you get.

Coffee is very strong, make sure you have at least half a cup of hot milk with the coffee!!

Overall:

The hotel is clean, fresh and comfortable. Metro line 1 takes you 5 minutes from the door (Saint Mande) and I felt that I was quite safe walking around the area after dark.

It is a little way out of the centre. The journey on the Metro is around 10-15 minutes.

We couldn't find the local supermarket but I believe there is one. We found this a general difficulty in Paris to be honest so it was nothing new. Who knows where the Parisians get their shopping from... Perhaps they need to learn from us and have a Tesco Metro on every street corner :-p

I will definitely be staying again, and recommend that everyone opens there eyes and stops being snobbish about the Ibis budget brand. The money that we have saved on booking this hotel over something of much higher cost has meant that we could do so much more during the day.

9/10

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Samlad31
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

At 36 euros by far the cheapest we could find in Paris. Room basic but ok. Comfortable. Reception super friendly. Could easily print out our boarding cards. Far from Paris centre, but metro handy and excellent connections. Only 1.70 euro to go anywhere in Paris.
Super shuttle pick up point.
General area near hotel not the best, but we only slept there any way.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We've just visited this hotel as couple, and we were overall satisfied.
We stayed there for a week.
It was clean, not noisy, the staff was kind and helpful, and it is close to the metro (Saint-Mande). As this station is on line 1, you can get in 20 minutes to the downton and take off at Louvre or
at Champs-Elysées, for example.
We came to see the concert of Mylene Farmer and to explore the city,
so it was a convenient place to stay at, not too far away from the Bercy stadium.
There are also a few cafés, a bakery and a supermarket (Franprix) nearby.
We were able to use WI-FI.
I'd visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was quite all right.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is basically well-furnished and offers best value for budget travellers, but I was surprised that my room does not have an air-conditioner which may be a big turn off when you visit in summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Have stayed in many IBIS hotels around the world but this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, noisy, unfriendly I could go on and on. Per-paid for a 2 night stay with a family of four after a stay at Disneyland Paris and what a come down. We were up to 3am the first night as the guests next door were having a party and shouting and screaming. Went down stairs to complain but no one was on reception. At 5 in the morning someone tried to get into our room. With two small children this is very scary for them. We packed up and left the hotel at 6am (no one on reception) and did not return for a second night. To compound things I have now been trying for 2 weeks to get a refund from IBIS but they keep trying to give me points on a loyalty card I will never use. They also sent me an email not intended for my eyes stating offer a simple excuse and no compensation!!! I will avoid IBIS like the plague in the future and suggest you pay a little extra for your stay in Paris

• Stayed: August 2013