“Very Nice Indeed”
Review of Hotel Le Six

Hotel Le Six
Ranked #21 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 April 2011

A very good little hotel. Comfortable, crisp clean sheets. Hotel Le Six has modern amenities and good design. Breakfast selection and room was a good way to start the day. We would have no qualms about recommending this hotel and would happily book a stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)

Reviewed 2 April 2011

We had a deluxe room located in 5th floor with a street view. The hotel is contemporary with nice rooms and great bathrooms. Staff friendly. Excellent breakfast.Convinient location (good for the Metro). I love a nice and quiet street off of busy Raspaul. I believe that our 5-day trip in Paris and the entire experience were so awesome because of our stay in this Hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My wife and I were looking for a comfortable base for a long weekend in Paris, we used Trip Advisor and found this gem. It is contemporary, wet room bathrooms, flat screen TV, SPA, and a King size bed with nice linen.

It is situated in a side street near Montpanasse within a couple of minutes walk of 3 metro stations which gives quick access to all other parts of Paris. We travelled Eurostar and it is 30 minutes from Gare du Nord without having to change lines. Our welcome was perfect. Our room was on the first floor near the lift shaft, but my wife who travels a lot and is a very light sleeper said it was the quietest city central hotel she had ever stayed in. Our room although not large was plenty big enough. It is furnished in contempoary modern style, nice wooden floors, safe, free wi fi and excellent bedside lights (how often is the light so poor it is impossible to read a book in bed at night!).

Our rate included the breakfast buffet which was all you could want (unless of course full English is your bag). Staff were very helpful in booking local restaurants. Unfortunately there is a restaurant directly opposite which has an excellent rating on Trip Advisor but was closed the Saturday and Sunday we stayed.

Le Six has a nice looking Spa but we just did not have enough time to use it. I would without reservation recommend the Hotel and hope to go back again.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

So, my review is a little late, because it's been almost a year since I stayed there with my brother. We travelled to France because my brother had some business to take care of in Nantes, and we wanted to see Paris for a few days before flying home. I was the travel agent, and after a couple months of checking out hotels online, I decided on le Six.

The stay didn't get off to a very good start. We arrived an hour after check-in started, but had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes while they finished cleaning the room. After that, we head up to the room to chill out, and after a few minutes a hotel employee and new guest opened the door and came in (they had apparently double-booked our specific room). I imagine that was pretty weird for the other hotel guest, to walk into their room and see 2 lanky dudes laying on their beds with expressions like, 'what in the hell?' Both of those aspects of our stay at le Six were annoying, but not something that ruined our time there.

After we got settled in and toughed through those 2 minor issues, the hotel was great. We had free internet and the bathroom was pretty sweet too. In Nantes, we had been staying in a dorm/loft setup that was nice, but not exactly clean/comfortable. So when we got to chill out and sleep on beds that weren't 15 years old and smelly, we certainly took advantage. The staff was very nice and helpful, and we were able to relax for a few nights before heading back home.

It's a bit of a walk if you want to head over to the Louvre, or even longer for the Eiffel Tower. That being said, the location is sweet and there's plenty of food, groceries, and fun close by. I definitely enjoyed my time there, and would recommend the hotel to anyone I talked to.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cdog423
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We came to Paris for St Valentine's weekend...to get engaged. So we wanted a hotel that matched such a special occasion. Boy did we get lucky. If you're going to Paris and want to stay in a stunning contemporary hotel with attentive and friendly staff then look no further. This hotel provided the perfect backdrop to a perfect weekend and we can't wait to return. Go soon, go often and tell all your friends. This place is amazing.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

During my travels I have slept from a fisherman's hammock in Canoa Quebrada of northeast Brazil to the Ritz Carlton in Singapore and the Hotel Le Six made me feel priveleged as no other establishment ever has. You are treated like a celebrity and made to feel at home. Any problem? - solved to your satisfaction without hesitation. Chic, stylish, understated, attention to detail, all those elusive qualities every hotel wants Le Six has in abundance. A discreet and excellent location off Blvd Montparnasse puts guests steps from delicious food, little shops, transportation, and all things Paris. The bed was so comfortable with fine linens so sleeping my time away was a tempting option. However, the City of Light beckoned and we were resigned to cherishing our stay at Hotel Le Six as one of the highlights of an incredible holiday.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I loved everything about this hotel from the moment I stepped inside. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room and bathroom were excellent, so much so that I was just happy spending time in my room, and breakfast was awesome. The coffee was very good and I am particular about my coffee. The hotel is on a quiet side street with 3 metro stops nearby and airport buses are at Montparnasse station which is about a 10 minute walk. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Paris. Le Six is a small, classy hotel without being pretentious.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo