“AMAZING STAFF”
Review of Hotel Le Six

Hotel Le Six
Ranked #19 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I COULD EXPERIENCE PARIS AND THE SIX HOTEL FOR A ROMANTIC WEEK END, COMING FROM GENEVA , we were highly and warmly welcomed by the staff who really care about us, Angela was a real goof tips advisor for Paris !! the room are modernly design and the bfast buffet is quite amazing , you can skip lunch time !!!. the location is perfect to discover st germain and metro connection easy to make a drop in any others places,
i highly recommend the six that is the first for my girlfriend and i
well done

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had a good room with a very nice bathroom at the Hotel Le Six. It was quiet, though a little dark in the room (it could use better lighting). We really enjoyed the location the most, as we were on a quiet street yet within close walking distance to many restaurants near Montparnasse. It is also close to 2 metro stops which is very convenient. The only problem I encountered was that when I tried to extend our stay by 1 night, the hotel could not accomodate us. I had originally reserved our room for that night, but changed it when we checked in, so it was my fault, but still very inconvenient that within a day, our ability to stay that extra night was gone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

If you are looking for a hotel in Paris, look no further -- Hotel Le Six is the whole package. It is in a quieter, upscale area, so sleep was not a problem at all. And, is it a short two block walk (5 minutes or less) to two different subway stations to take you wherever you want to go. It never took long at all to get to our destination. Location -- 5 stars

Room size -- very happy for Europe. It was small by American standards, but it did just fine. The bed was a king -- perfect. It had enough room for our four suitcases. The bathroom was beautifully decorated and suited us well. However, the BEST part of the room was the huge french doors leading to the balconies. The long, flowing white curtains blew softly in the breeze -- it was so perfectly Paris!! Room -- 5 stars.

Service was superb. If we asked for anything it was brought right away. They also assisted us in finding the fastest way to different places, and recommended some great restaurants. The first night they brought us a plate of macaroons. Very lovely (and good!). Every other night there were chocolates on our pillow, the bed turned down and the windows opened. It was such a breath of fresh air to arrive back to the hotel every night. Lastly, the night before our departure they left us a note thanking us for our stay, and asking if they could do anything else for us. They then proceeded to call us a cab to be there to take us to the airport in the morning. It was right on time and they helped us with our bags. Service -- 5+ stars!!

The breakfast buffet was a little small, and not much to choose from. That is really the only negative thing I have to say. However, there is an authentic creperie one block from this hotel run by a charming man and wife (who do not speak English but were so nice!). Go there for breakfast -- you will NOT regret it!

To recap:
Location -- 5 stars
Room -- 5 stars
Service -- 5+ stars
Food -- 3 stars

Overall, this hotel was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend to anyone. Keep in mind -- I travel often and am a bit high-maintenance according to my husband -- so if I am this happy you will be too!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenBlem
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I just returned from a 10 day trip to Paris where I stayed at Le Six. I've traveled Europe and have been in Paris before... and the rooms are actually larger than standard European rooms. The bathrooms are modern with LARGE showers, the rooms are beautiful with wood floors (which you would think would be noisy but are NOT noisy). You are walking distance from a myriad of restaurants, pharmacies, metro stops, and the Luxembourg Garden (which is easily walkable in about 5-10 minutes and you will come out on the other side -- north side -- to the touristy area of the 6th).

I am a adamant about staying at quiet places... I don't like to pay to be kept awake... and this place was wonderful. Though I did not have any noise complaints, if I had, I know they would have been taken care of immediately. The staff all speaks beautiful English and are willing and able to help out with everything from directions to making reservations for shows, restaurants, taxis, etc. (which is very helpful when you don't speak French). Angela, the manager (along with the rest of the front desk staff, gives impeccable and friendly service. Delightful!

You can have a full buffet breakfast at the hotel (a smaller, and less expensive, on through room service) or literally walk around the corner to cafes every morning.

Each night as we made our way in, we would have a cocktail at the bar. Anahyse, who runs it, has a wonderful selection of wines, etc. - including a very creative selection of yummy cocktails. Also a great conversationalist who can give you tips on Paris and French culture!

I will absolutely be staying here next time I am in Paris (it feels like my new Paris home), and I will be recommending it to anyone I know who is going!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and though we were overlooking rue Stanislas, we had no noise problems.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank caligirltraveler
Reviewed 19 December 2011

One of the absolute best hotel experiences we have had in Europe. The hotel is very conveniently located in the 6th, and transportation to and from Gare du Nord and many key attractions was simple. We had a gorgeous suite on the top floor, including a full sitting room and a very luxurious bathroom with both a sunken tub and a walk-in shower for two. This was the largest room that we have ever had in Paris, and it felt like a wonderful combination of modern luxury and old world charm, since there were 2 mini balconies off the sitting room. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and generous, and the selection of beverages in the bar was outstanding. The breakfast buffet was pricey, but it was a good option when we were in a hurry to catch a train back to London. Very charming neighborhood felt much less like a tourist haven and much more like an intimate, local experience with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. I don't know that I will ever stay at another hotel in Paris. Absolutely wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank acdhuber
Reviewed 18 December 2011

lovely hotel, but at over two hundred pound a night - and i know this is paris - we thought the room was a little on the small side. other than that, the location is great and so were all the staff we encountered.
i'd give it four and a half out of five.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We loved our experience here. A friendly, english speaking staff, and the accomodations were lovely. The head bartender, Anahyse, has a creative cocktail menu as well as great wine. We loved having a nightcap at the bar each night. The hotel is close to two metro lines, the 4 and the 12, and its very easy to get around Paris from each. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
direction-lesix, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear TessaLynS,

We are delighted that you enjoyed ou stay and took the time to leave us this review.

We await your next resevations.

Best regards,