“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed at le Six for one week with my daughter and it was supberb. The staff were excellent, very helpful and went out of their way to make everything a wonderful experience. Our day began with a great breakfast, we were within a short walk of 3 underground train stations and had no trouble reading the transit map. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel in every price range. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and will stay there again. The beds were very comfortable and the room spotlessly clean.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London
Reviewed 10 February 2011

This is a nice hotel with very friendly staff. The receptionists were welcoming and helpful and the bar staff very friendly. However, I was a bit disappointed with our room, which was tiny and overlooking the air conditioning and other windows. When I told the bar man that it was my husband's birthday, he invited us back to the bar the following evening for a drink, which was a very nice gesture.
I liked the location - it was not the livliest spot but more true to Paris than a lot of other hotels and very convenient for both the metro and cabs.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Le Six hotel was a perfect choice for our first time in Paris, beautifully presented without being intimidating, lovely staff from reception, through the workmen replacing all the TVs, to the barman - all were polite, friendly and spoke excellent English (great for us first timers)

Breakfast was a nice continental selection, serve service in a relaxed little section at ground level, very calm and quiet.

Location is good too, right beside several metro stations (notably Notre-Dame des Champs, which we used quite a bit) but close enough that, if you wanted a long stroll, you could pretty much see most of central Paris.

Thank you for a great stay, we'll be back to Paris for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Downunder
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Hotel Le Six lived up to its reviews. The hotel is easily a 4 star boutique property with great rooms and staff. Rooms were smaller than most cities but more than adequate. The condition of our room was great. Hotel staff are very helpful especially when your French is limited to 10 words. The hotel is on the border of St Germain but close to 2 X Metro stations, which take you quickly to the major attractions in the City. Breakfast was fresh, expansive and very high quality. Nothing better than a fresh baguette. We would definitely stay at Le Six again.

Positives: Staff, room condition, comfortable beds, breakfast room, access to transport and restaurants.

Negatives: Longer than expected walk to Siene. But it’s a very interesting stroll.

TIPS: Visit the street market (close to hotel) Marche Raspail. If you are visiting numerous museums get a Paris Museum Pass. I picked up one at the first museum. You’ll save 2+ hours getting into each museum. Yes wander up to a special entrance … pop in … see the Mona Lisa and leave. Oh don’t be shy and try the snails they are very tasty.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhys S
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My husband and I spent four nights in this hotel to celebrate my retirement/birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The staff were all charming and friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. On the first night I dropped the lens of my glasses somewhere in the street between the restaurant and the hotel, and one of the staff went to search for it and later rang us to say that unfortunately he had been unsuccessful, but that he would let us know if it turned up. This was on a freezing cold night when I am sure he would have been much more comfortable staying in the warmth. The staff were also very helpful with giving us directions; printing off maps, etc., and gave us two glasses of champagne on my birthday - a delightful surprise!

The room was comfortable, warm, and well equipped with toiletries; a safe; tea and coffee making facilities, and good mirrors, including a magnifying make up mirror (important for me with my advancing years and bad eyesight!!) An added touch were the macaroons on our arrival. The bed was extremely comfortable; the shower was good, and we did not lack for anything. The breakfasts were excellent and varied with hot and cold food and the breakfast room was pleasant and agreeable - as were the breakfast staff. The bar area was also pleasant and welcoming.

The location was good and close to four metro stations - a big bonus as we could decide which one to use according to which line we needed. There were also many restaurants, cafes and shops nearby.

There was a spa which unfortunately we did not have time to use, but maybe next time?

We really did enjoy our break at this hotel and will retain many happy memories of our stay there. We would definitely stay there again when we are next in Paris - which I hope will be soon.

Merci beaucoup!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Wowww, this was a hotel to remeber because everything was very nice. The workers were very good and always got my newspaper and drinks a little expensive but good. We will go back in July again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank susan186460
Luton
Reviewed 29 January 2011

My wife took me to Paris for my 40th birthday- we stayed at Hotel le Six on a Friday and Saturday. As soon as we arrived the service was excellent, perfect English for us poor french speakers and help whenever we needed it. Granted Paris is a little expensive but this was a treat. The room was everything we needed and beautifully clean. The bar was smart and entertainment great. It is very close to 2 stops on the metro and also the Montparnasse Station. We checked out this hotel on TripAdvisor and we're so glad we did. It was a fantastic hotel and I would wholly recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple