“A little piece of home right in Paris”
Review of Paris-Oasis

Paris-Oasis
Ranked #34 of 194 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My mum and I stayed here in October for a week in the Liette Suite. Helene and Jean Louis are the most amazing host and really have thought of everything in their beautiful guest house. Nothing is too much trouble for Helene who is like a little mother hen, especially when I ended up with a head cold - she went through her medicine cabinet to find something for me to take. We enjoyed a beautiful bottle of wine and some delicious Belgium sweets.

What we liked also about this guest house is that there was a kitchen that had everything we needed to be self sufficient rather than having to find places to dine out every night.

I would recommend Paris Oasis to anyone especially if you want the feeling on "living in paris" even if its just for a short time.

thanks to Helene and Jean-Louis for your kind hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger P

Reviewed 20 October 2012

This accommodation is wonderful! Our family stayed in the lucie loft(my 4 children), the liette apartment(myself, my husband and my elderly mother) and the Niño studio(my newly married sister and her husband). Helene and Jean-Louis were amazing hosts. There was nothing that they wouldn't do for you and the loveliest couple ever. They arranged taxis for us so that we could get my mum to our dinner cruise(including her wheelchair), recommended great restaurants in the area(Moulin de Gallette was a great recommendation by them for French cuisine), helped us with thorough directions to everything including printing out maps and metro maps for us. The guest house is in the artisan district of MontMartre, at the foot of the gardens to Sacre Coeur. A few minutes walk to the Metro, L'open tour bus, local buses, shops and restaurants. Gare du is about 10-15minutes walk away(although I wouldn't recommend the walk in the pouring rain like we did!!). Apartments were beautifully appointed, lovely decor, meticulously clean, bottle of wine upon arrival, very comfortable. My children loved the pool and swam until 11pm one night! If I get to come back to Paris, there will be nowhere else we'd stay! Would recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: Liette has a great full kitchen. Lucie just has 2 burner stove top and microwave. All have coffee ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SelinaMC
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed here in July for four nights with another couple. We had the Iris room and it was very comfortable. We were welcomed with a wonderful smile and given a nice bottle of wine. One evening we had dinner and wine in the garden with our friends and the atmosphere was wonderful. Can highly recommend staying here for couples, so close to Montmartre. We had a portrait done by the artist Lim and well worth the money. Could not stay in a normal Hotel in Paris again after staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank headsie
Reviewed 21 September 2012

From our first contact with Helene and Jean- Louis I knew that this place was special. They made us feel like we staying with old friends. Our family of four stayed in the Lucie loft which was perfect - nicely decorated and spotlessly clean it had everything we needed to be comfortable. The apartment is close to the metro and tourist office and the area of Montmatre is so very charming. Helene has all the information ready for you so it makes staying in Paris so simple. We enjoyed every minute of our stay - it really is a tranquil oasis in the middle of a busy Paris

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana R
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was our final stop on our European tour for three nights and what a hidden gem in a busy area like Montmartre. First of all I have to mention, what a star Helene is! Immediately when I booked she sent me an email with plenty of detailed information and an itinerary of how to get to the Paris Oasis complex.

Even though we had our itinerary we still managed to walk far too far from the train station (I would definitely recommend getting the RER from Gare du Lyon or Gare du Nord!). The location is very good, metres away from Sacre Coeur, not far from the RER stop Anvers. When we arrived we were slightly concerned as the street didn't look particularly great, however once we got through three security locked doors and entered the peaceful courtyard, my concerns disappeared at once.

When we arrived Helene greeting us so warmly and explained all about the area, how to get around and gave us guides about the city and the Nino Studio which we had chosen to stay in.
The Nino Studio has a bathroom, kitchen/sleeping area and a small area to eat outside. The kitchen was great and it was really nice to cook for ourselves after a long holiday of eating out (there is also a really handy Carrefour and a fresh bakery just down the street from the apartments). There was also plenty of equipment including a kettle, coffee machine, microwave and a travel-type hob. The sleeping area was a little tight with two people and a whole lot of luggage, however the bathroom was of a reasonable size, but the door didn't close particularly well.

However, to combat these really picky moans, the service we got during our stay was outstanding. We were given mountains of towels, dressing gowns, slippers, food and drink in our fridge, wine on two occasions and access to a small heated swimming pool in Helene's house. Our stay was absolutely excellent, thank-you so much Helene!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LakelandMints
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at the Paris Oasis for 3 nights and we wish now that we could have stayed longer. We arrived a little earlier than we expected but Helene greeted us so warmly and let us sit in the garden with drinks until our room was ready. We stayed in the Liette Suite and we all had very comfortable beds with lots of room for our suitcases. The rooms were so clean and tidy and the shower-head was wonderful. Our kids (ages 10, 14, and 16) loved the pool and garden and my husband and I loved the great expresso/coffee maker. Helene was so hospitable and she showed us where to find the bakery, grocery store and underground when we got there. When I asked about laundry facilities, she insisted on washing and drying our laundry for us - what a wonderful hostess!! We enjoyed shopping for our groceries to cook some of our own meals in the apartment and walking to the bakery in the mornings for our fresh baguettes. With the underground being only a 5 minute walk away, we felt like we were staying right in the heart of Paris. We will definitely be staying at the Paris Oasis again when we go back to Paris.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travellovexo
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed for the first week of our honeymoon and were delighted to find a true oasis of calm in Montmartre.

We stayed in the Iris room in the garden which was tiny, but perfect. The courtyard, flowers, garden furniture, coffee machine and tranquillity were just right to escape on honeymoon. Right on the doorstep are the steps up to the Sacre Coeur, close to bars, boulangerie and small restaurants, walkable to Gare du Nord and close enough to the metro to go anywhere in Paris, great location.

Hélène is the perfect host. We will be back.

Room Tip: Iris room is tiny but perfect, with doors opening out into the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple