“what a perfect find!”

Ranked #30 of 160 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“what a perfect find!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our Parisian stop was the tale end of a 2 week tour, our family car heavily loaded with bikes, roof box & luggage (as well as the odd bottle of wine to take home). I had asked Helen if it were possible to help find space for everything to be stored inc the large vw van, no mean task; but she assured me all would be sorted. Why did I ever worry, true to word she had helped & sorted every problem feared. We stopped in Lucie loft, 2 adults & 3 teenage boys... 1 room masterfully designed so you each feel as you have your own private space, equipped to make your stay easy as possible.
4 miles from the Eiffel Tower, minutes from the Scare Coeur this is literally a Paris Oasis, easy to walk to both, or taxi (20 Euro's each way to the tower). What a wonderful place! (& a wonderful family). Having stayed in many places world wide, this is probably the most accommodating in every way thank you for a truly unforgettable few days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hales73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed two nights last September 2012. I used Paris Oasis as a base for extensive walking of the city. Helen and Jean-Louis' home is at the center of the walled hotel complex. While I was out early and back late, I could tell they were waiting up to make sure I got back ok. The Ersi room was perfect for solo travel, the shower area was large and TV over bed was great for a little relaxing before sleep. They filled my small refrigerator with cold drinks that awaited me each evening. I travelled from London via Eurostar to Gare du Nord and it was an easy walk to Montmartre. Sacre Couer and Moulin Rouge and Place du tertre are very close. Grocery store and secure ATM are nearby, Helene will give you a map. Two door entry into the resort courtyard, first door has keypad, second is a key, so it is all very secure.

Room Tip: Each room is very different. Please review carefully on the website.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Really where do I start? this was the perfect place for our group of family and friends. I am a Travel Agent and am extremely fussy about where I stay normally, but more so when escorting a group of people, especially family, your worst critics :-) Having had problems getting 12 pax to all be able to stay together for reasonable pricing in Paris was a task at best, most apartments would not guarantee we would all be together in the same building and could be housed streets apart, this was not on for us. I literally stumbled upon after weeks and weeks of looking across Paris Oasis thru Trip Advisor. I read every single review in English and even translated some of the others to try to get a feel for this place. A homestay was not really what I was thinking of, but the more I read the better I felt. I then emailed an enquiry thru and did I hit the jackpot! Never a nicer lady will you meet, Helene from day 1 could not have been more helpful, especially when we did some changes to the room configurations etc... nothing was too much trouble. I still had never done a homestay, so still was a bit concerned up until the day we arrived, I still prayed everyone would be happy, especailly after a few collegues told me the area was not so nice etc... Well proved them all wrong, the area is great let me tell you. The Pub on the corner, No Problemo is still being talked about now by the group, the people could not have been nicer, behind the bar and the regular patrons, what fun we had there each night. The Sacre Cour is right above the apartment block with some of the best restaurants and gathering spots we have found in Paris. The hop on hop off bus is at the bottom of the street as well as endless shops and more restaurants. The area is 20mins from the Eiffel Tour and main area, but we didnt find this an issue at all. I digress however, Hélène and Jean-Louis Bignon are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. On arrival we were met with big smiles and all the help in the world, I didnt even see our bags get taken, everything just seemed to happen and the next thing I knew our bags were in our rooms. We used the ERSI ROOM, LIETTE SUITE, LUCIE LOFT and NINO STUDIO - all rooms were perfect for the amount of guests in them, ie: Lucie Loft had a family of 5, Ersi room had 1 person etc... we were provided with all the answers to our questions, and believe me their were plenty fired out very quickly as everyone was excited and had a lot to say. We were given bottles of wine and cheese platter on arrival with fresh warm crusty bread - Yes we were impressed and very happy. the most important thing to note about this is you are staying in individual apartments, but it is still someones home, Helene and Jean-Louis were aroudn whenever we needed them, you didnt see them if you didnt need them, it was perfect. Taxis were called and instructions were given to them by Jean-Louis, we even needed a doctor at one stage for one of the kids, this was arranged and the Doctor had been and gone before we even knew it. Do yourself a favour and enjoy this part of town, dont just go for the tourist thing, Paris has so much more to offer!

Room Tip: You need to discuss your requirements direct, there is a room to suit everyone
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan Y
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed in Lucie Loft for 3 nights in July. This was the perfect choice for us as we each had a corner of the loft. We travelled with hand luggage only from UK, but this was not a problem as there were toiletries, towels, hair dryer, robes and slippers supplied. The loft is quite hot in summer but there are 2 fans in the room which helped with the air flow, also you can leave the windows open at night. The kitchen was well-equipped and as has been mentioned before we enjoyed morning coffee from the coffee machine. Unfortunately the wifi was not working when we visited but this was not a problem and the sort of thing that can happen anywhere.

It was just a short walk to the metro although the local station - Anvers was closed it wasn't far to Pigalle and from there were able to travel all over Paris.

I would definitely recommend Paris-Oasis to anyone visiting Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
noyer, Propriétaire at Paris-Oasis, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for your kind evaluation.
Following your warning, we have changed the wireless terminals and wifi is a new efficient in each rooms.
Kind regards
Helene
Sydney
Reviewed 16 July 2013

What a wonderful point to start your Paris experience. A short walk to the Metro. Very central to everything yet peacefully tucked away. The room was fully equipped with coffee maker small fridge and microwave. The hosts were wonderful and gave me great tips on visiting the south of France. Even helping me book my train ticket to Aix en Provance, which was another amazing experience. The great reviews on Trip Advisor are well deserved.

Room Tip: I loved the garden flat. Iris room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Niño Studio for 3 nights and from the warm welcome received by Hélène and Jean-Louis Bignon and their friend Dewey to the lovely Nino studio our time in Paris was perfect. As mentioned by other reviewers on arrival we were offered a drink, given a bottle of wine and advice on what to do and see.

The studio was well equipped with everything we needed for our stay, including a fridge with drinks, butter and milk for our use. There is a lovely courtyard which we sat in during a sunny Parisian evening drinking a glass or two of wine.

The location is perfect for bars, places to eat and for the metro to central Paris and all the sights.

Five star hotels do not provide the hospitality and level of service we received on arrival and during our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Niño Studio which was lovely and I'm sure all of the apartments are of the same hig...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MossyJake
Leeds
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here Friday to Monday in June to visit Stade de France for a concert and also the usual Paris attractions. The area suited our needs perfectly.

It is situated in the north of Paris near the Sacre Cour. Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and an easy walk to the Metro. There are a number of stations nearby but we usually used Anvers.
http://www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_plan.php Anvers is in E3.
On booking you are given detailed instructions of how to get there, so if this is your first visit to Paris there is no need to worry.

The owners were away on holiday when we visited, but Dewey (apologies if spelt wrong) who was looking after the place made us extremely welcome and helped us in any way that she could.

As mentioned in all the previous reviews, the apartments are fantastic and spotlessly clean and have everything that you may need, including a powerful hairdryer for the wife and good free WIFI for me.

We found a few good places to eat and drink nearby. If you turn right out the apartment and walk along the street you will come to a flight of stairs. At the top of these stairs there are a few restaurants, we ate at the nearest two and both were excellent.
If you turn left out of the apartment, then left at the end you will come to a bar on the corner that has a long happy hour and pints of Stella at 3.50 euros.
The area behind the Sacre Cour (Montmatre) is much nicer than the area in front of it and is well worth a visit.

On the Metro watch out for pickpockets and note that it is possible to walk in a tunnel from Guard de Nord to La Chapelle, then take two stops to Anvers. (this will make sense when you see the map). One ticket can be used from CDG airport to Anvers (about 9.5 euros).

Highly recommended.