“A true oasis in a busy city”
Review of Paris-Oasis

Paris-Oasis
Ranked #30 of 177 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Located at the foot of the eastern steps to Sacre Caeur, Paris-Oasis is exactly that - a quiet oasis in the midst of a very busy city. We stayed 5 nights in the Iris room, which is located in a separate building in the inner garden. It was the perfect retreat for the two of us after a busy day as tourists in Paris. The place is very well kept. The owners, Helene and Jean-Louis, were - in the lack of a better term- just fantastic; kind and helpful in every way. Many thanks to them for creating this unique place and making our stay in Paris extra memorable!

Regarding the location: It is located in a quiet side street in eastern Montmartre. It is a short walk from two Metro stations. There is a bakery at the corner and a good supermarket nearby.

Room Tip: The Iris room is located in a small garden house separate from the main building. It is a fairly sma...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KjellT
There are newer reviews for Paris-Oasis

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I and our two children (7 and 12) stayed at at the Liette Suite for 7 nights in April 2014. Throughout our stay, Helene and Jean-Louis went out of their way to help us around, from the minute we set foot at the Oasis, beginning with washing and drying our laundry, offering us useful tips and information for booking tickets for Disney Paris, surprising our kids with useful accessories for the beautiful indoor swimming pool and wonderful chocolate treats for Easter and helping us once again with our departure arrangements. Upon our return home, I was surprised to receive an e-mail from Helene advising us that she discovered my husband's sandisk musical device which he had inadvertently left in one of the drawers. Not a few hours had passed before we were advised that she had already sent us a parcel containing the aforementioned device to our home address. Thank you so much, Helene and Jean-Louis, for making our visit to Montmartre so pleasant and enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Liette Suite is perfect for a family of 4. Very quiet and has a lovely view to the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Oasis in Montmartrewas just exactly what I wanted. Close to Sacré Coeur and its gardens, handy to several Metro lines and Helen went out of her way to make my stay pleasant, offering liftle extras like a bottle of wine and a sandwich to take on the train when I left. She even offered to mind some of my belongings (gifts for others) while I went. To Alsace for 2 weeks. The Ersi room was no kore jor less than what I wanted and had escellent wifi and little extras like disposable dressing gown and slippers - which I even used for my entire 2 month stay in France travelling around.

Room Tip: Ersi had level access and yet very good security
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My extended family of 10 stayed at Paris-Oasis for 6 nights from 23 December 2013. My husband and I and our two children (7 and 9 years) stayed in the Liette Suite. My sister's family of 4 (with 2 children aged 6 and 9 years) stayed in the Lucie Loft and my parents stayed in the Nino Studio. The Liette Suite and Lucie Loft comfortably accommodated our families, and the Nino Studio was adequate for a couple. The kitchen in the Liette suite was large, spotless and better equipped than my kitchen at home.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The accommodation was so clean upon arrival and cleaned daily throughout our stay. After a very long trip from Australia we were delighted to receive upon arrival complimentary champagne, soft drinks, water bottles, pastries, baguettes, strawberries, jams etc. On Christmas Day we arrived home to find the most beautiful box of chocolates and wine from our hosts. On other days a bottle of wine would appear on the kitchen bench top. There were endless Nespresso coffee pods provided too.

Helene and Jean-Louis were wonderful hosts. From my first email enquiry, to which I received a prompt and detailed response from Helene, until the time we left, we could not fault the service we received. Before we arrived Helene was kind enough to make a reservation for us at a very nice local restaurant for Christmas Day. Helene and Jean-Louis also helped us sort out the delivery of two suitcases that went missing during our flights with KLM, and took delivery of our luggage so that we didn't need to wait at the apartments. When the washing machine (complimentary) finished when were out, Helene would even hang our washing out for us!

Paris-Oasis is very well located and close to subway stations. I would definitely stay in Montmartre next time we visit Paris. Paris-Oasis would also be my first choice of accommodation.

I highly recommend Paris-Oasis for families large or small. Thank you Helene and Jean-Louis for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mel_Perth_Aust
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had a fabulously relaxing time at the Paris-Oasis. Our hosts were very welcoming and helpful, providing all kinds of information and practical advice. Although we have stayed in Paris several times in different hotels this was a really nice change. We felt completely at home, loads of coffee and tea provided and a boulangerie just a couple of metres away, and even a welcome surprise of champagne and wine in the fridge!
I used the small pool a few times for swimming, very well maintained and the water quality very good. The perfect way for me to unwind after a long days walking around. The constant jet is quite good for swimming although if you are proficient it's not as strong as it could be, though perfectly adequate. This guest house is well located and easy to get to, the directions and information provided at the time of booking is absolutely excellent. We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice C
Reviewed 10 December 2013

An ideal place to stay for four senior gentleman visiting Paris to see the sights and watch European Cup Rugby. We occupied the clean and comfortable Lucie Loft apartment which had four single beds, a kitchen/bar area and en-suite bathroom and toilet. There is an excellent boulangerie and a supermarket close by and the Metro is but a short walk away. Our hosts were charming and very helpful and we would certainly consider returning in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stormincotts
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spent 5 nights in the Lucie Loft. Fabulous location to reach all of the Paris highlights. We loved the secret garden and pool. We could not have asked for more gracious and helpful hosts. This is truly a labor of love for them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family