“Best meal I had all week!”
Review of Au fil des saisons

Au fil des saisons
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Au fil des saisons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #933 of 17,601 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$29 - US$34
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Description: Chopped , minced , simmered , aped , tailed , ready ... it just cooking, good meats, fish raised in net ( To be fair , we work the bar from livestock , however French ) For wine , fermented grape only , nothing more ! See you soon
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Delicious food. Very nice & hospitable server/owner. Great deal (28 euro for a three course meal). HUGE portions (and not just for Paris standards!!).

Appetizers: Ordered the cucumber gazpacho and the cheese ravioli. Both were great-- cucumber gazpacho was very refreshing, it's served with a dollop of basil sorbet (dont judge it until you try it!!)in the middle which tasted amazing. Cheese ravioli were also very good!! No complaints here.

Entrees: Both ordered the onglet of beef (hanger steak). It was served with veggies & a hefty serving of roast potatoes. SO delicious. The portion of steak was huge!! (see pictures). very very very tasty. To be honest, all of the entrees that we saw at the tables around us looked amazing (the duck, risotto, kidneys, tartare... literally nothing looked bad).

Dessert: o. m. g. the "enorme profiterole" with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.......this was literally amazing. and ENORMOUS. Definitely could have been shared between two people. However, we didn't know how enormous the enormous profiterole was going to be and my boyfriend and I both ordered our own desserts. As i said before, the profiterole was amazing. The 2nd dessert we ordered was the molten chocolate cake-- also great!!

This restaurant is truly a hidden gem and provided my boyfriend and i with the best food we ate during our whole week long trip in Paris. 5/5 stars!

1  Thank Gabby M

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was the least impressive restaurant in Paris we visited around the price of 28 Euros for 3 courses. Some of the food was quite tasty - the duck itself was fresh, and the marrow bone was a new experience for me, full of flavour. My friends' seabass was quite good, but not the best, and the dishes generally not so creative or exquisite as we found elsewhere in Paris. My vegetables were also somewhat greasy.

The restaurant owner was friendly, and took note of my allergies to gluten and dairy. But the other waiter, who took our dessert order, brought me sorbets with a biscuit wafer on top, after I had repeated "No gluten, no dairy", and he had said "No problem" (and the restaurant owner had already made it clear to him and the kitchen). Occasionally (very rarely) something like this happens, people forget and I notice, and it is put right. But I was brought a supposedly new bowl of sorbet, but in almost my last mouthful, I found that there was a piece of biscuit wafer in that one too. I did feel ill the next day.

This is the first time I have had a gluten reaction in France, and also personally, I think there is better value elsewhere.

1  Thank Giles M
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Got this place recommended by a french friend and wasn't disappointed. Excellent food for a very reasonable price. Very friendly waiter and love the fact the menu is decided everyday based on what is fresh in the market.

1  Thank Jasper N
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant is a gem. The waiter/owner is friendly and engaging. He is very knowledgable about the source of his food and his wine. The menu, which is written on a big chalk board is carried around from table to table. It adds to the intimate feel of the place.

I had the beef bone marrow starter and the duck confit. Both were well prepared and elegant in their simple presentation. My husband had the cheesy ravioli and the steak. He thought both were great.

We were having a quiet romantic dinner until a party of 8 overbearing people were seated near us and completely took over the restaurant. It became loud and unpleasant so we did not stay for dessert.

One waiter serves the entire small restaurant. When it is busy he is unable to serve the customers as well as might be expected. His exuberance and passion for his food help make up for that one flaw.

All and all a great dining experience. No one can control the behavior of the other guests.

1  Thank CleoIsh
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Loved the food and the service. The lava cake is one of my favorite things sooo good :) food was fast and the price was not bad