“A Great Experience”

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The waiter was a star.
With my minimual french and his not bad english, my wife and I orderd a superb meal.
The food was excellent and the service good humoured and friendly.
The place is small which adds to its charm.
The atmosphere is lively and warm.
Perhaps most amazingly, it is also reasonably priced by Parisian standards.
They dont take credit cards, but dont be put off by that, lots of places in Paris dont take plastic.

We hope to return one day, when my wallet has recovered.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank johnkitch

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value for money, French food”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Me and the GF went here, very nice. Nice staff, very busy, (was a Saturday evening). Sitting outside on a sunny evening, bustling atmosphere in a typical little Paris style road. Food was great, certainly exceeded my expectations. Don't even know what I had, but was very nice. Most importantly they had someone there playing music, which just completed the scene.

I'm not really a food person, but I walked away from this place feeling very satisfied. Portion was good also. Afterwards we went to Sacré-Cœur church/cathedral, which is on top of a hill. About 5 mins walk from this restaurant. Excellent view of Paris and the sunset, lots of people chilling out.

Definitely advise doing these 2 things together 1 night.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Libertatia
East sussex
“Sorry to say but really bad”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Ok, we had looked at places on Trip Advisor and came up with three possibles one of which was Cave a jojo and it was a Tuesday night and it was pouring with rain, we checked out the first one - it was full, the second one was shut undergoing refurbishment so we went into Cave a jojo. There was only one other couple in there, the front of house guy was nice, went through the menu, my pate came out, have had much better made by my older brother. I think my main issue was there was no smell of food whilst my main course was being cooked - this place is small, the kitchen even smaller, first I heard the sound of the microwave then I realised I could see him opening and closing the door of the microwave, everything I ate was reheated and pretty tasteless. The wine was served from a small cask on the counter but unfortunately it ram out whilst we were there so witnesses the opening of the back of the cask and the replacement of a box of wine from the local supermarket. All in all I would say give this place a wide berth !!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank 41Flossy
Rome, Italy
“Really good”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

A non touristic small - very small - restaurant with real traditional dishes, honest house wines (plus wine list). You will be probably be seated very near to your neighbor, but that's part of the athmosphere. Everything is good from the "Camenbert chaud", to the "saucisse de Lyon", the "jambon a l'osse". good deserts.The Service by Jojo and his sons is friendly.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Romanbiker
Milan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paris d'antan”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Tavern d'antan. Seem to spend a little time in Paris 50 years ago. On Fridays and Saturdays evening there is a musician who plays old French songs with the accordion. French homemade food, not touristic. Fair prices: main course from 12 to 16 euro. Don't miss.

• Visited December 2012