“Great, simple food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here this evening with 2 adults and 3 kids (one 2 year old)
Service was friendly and attentive.

Food was excellent.
Very tasty and well presented.
Not in any way pretentious, but good quality and packed with flavour.
Strongly recommended.

2  Thank Juancoffee

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We went to Le Jardin d'en Face based on Trip Advisor and were disappointed. The only great thing about our meal was the Beaujolais. The rest was OK, not terrible but nothing special either. There are better restaurants in Montmartre.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

- food is incredibly good and delicious, get the fois gras
- sit outside, atmosphere outside is nicer
- I had the duck with potatoes and cheese and it was good for a few bites but became too rich for me- food is very filling
- service is a bit slow as our entire dinner took us 2 hrs with just a starter and a main for each of us
- prices are very reasonable
- reservations recommended- get hotel or credit card company to do it for you if you don't speak french

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked from our hotel for 8.00pm Sunday evening. We had not specified inside or out and when we got there, all of the outside tables were already full. They didn't seem to know much about our reservation but it didn't matter because there were plenty of free tables inside.
When it started raining, a lot of the people from outside came in and then the place was packed! A buzzy atmosphere is the sparse but friendly space.
The kitchen is tiny and open to the seating area. The industry of the two chefs was good to watch and although the service was understandably slow, the amount of food that they got out was astonishing.
The starters were generally cold and I had the pear and blue cheese terrine with walnuts and salad. Really very good. My wife had aubergine and cottage cheese and my son cold soup. All great.
Pork, veal and steak were our mains and yes, they did all come with the same salad on the side but so what? The dishes were all cooked fresh and all were hearty and delicious.
The deserts were perhaps the best of the three courses with beautifully made red berry crumble, grandma's chocolate cake and a crime brûlée to die for.
Water and the chef's selection red brought a total bill of €110. To me, this belies the expensive Paris tag and represented great value for money.
Great little restaurant. Be patient and wait for a table and tolerate slightly slow service for honest and freshly prepared food.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had read about this restaurant so when we decided to head to Montmartre for dinner, this was defo the spot we wanted to try!
Located very near the tube station so very handy, this restaurant is typically French but in a non touristy type of way.
We were sat inside and it was a full house. The decor is really minimal but as every table was full the atmosphere was still great!
The waitress's were really nice and had excellent English too.
I ordered the pear and Roquefort terrine for starters and the fish for main course. My husband got the froi gras and lamb shank.
I tried all and they were all gorgeous.
My fish in particular was stunning and cooked to perfection. It came with a gorgeous salsa verde and deliciously flavoursome rice that I only wish I could recreate myself.
For desert I got a white chocolate and raspberry mouse and my husband got creme brûlée.
We had two bottles of lovely red french wine and in total the bill came to €89.00-an absolute bargain for the quality of food and wine if you ask us.
Would defo be returning here if I were back in Paris, the best meal of the trip and have already recommended it to anyone who'd listen!

1  Thank Elliemyles